Ride Rain or Shine?

Projekt

Registered
Ladies and Gents,
Just curious, how many of you regularly drive your Busas in the rain? My Busa, at the moment is my only regular form of transportation.  I drive mine rain or shine and really don't mind getting a little damp on the way to work. Sometimes I'll get looked at with a funny expression like " Wut'ya doin en da rein man?" When I want to get away, I will drive an hour and a half to Mostar in Hercegovina. There is perpetual sunshine on that side of the mountains and the Croatian coast is only another half hour away. Great curvy roads out there too.

Don't do the rain thing! Don't mind getting wet either, but like the added complications. Gotta go back to the cage during those conditions.

I have been caught in the rain 4 or 5 times this year. I don't mind it. Just have to use EXTRA precaution while driving.

I will not go in the rain uness caught in non-predicted rain storms.

Geez, I thought it was only the mamby-pamby candystick Hardly riders who figured they'd melt if they rode in the rain...

Humans are drip-dry and real riders ain't made of sugar. I actually enjoy riding in the rain - it makes the world smaller. Of course, living in Oregon we get that opportunity regularly.
biggrin.gif

Steve

I ride too harshly for rain. Taking off quick, jamming on the front break, lean and swerve over dramatically... and I don't plan on changing - so I'd DIE if I rain rode alot. getting caught is differnt. I might go out and practice since I do have a rain suit and SOME common sense [on occasion... usually when I forget the meds]

I don't care for the rain, but I returned from a several thousand mile trip that involved me getting rained on EVERY day
mad.gif
Not nice, but it was still riding !!
cool.gif

Hmm...no rain for me. Well, no really bad rain at any rate. Thing that sucks about where I live is that the sky may be sunny and cloudless at 10am but when you leave the office for lunch, it's pouring.

One of the perks living on an island, I guess....

Don't start out in the rain...Have been caught by the rain and don't like it worth a poot...
evil.gif

I ride rain or shine. I find the that rain riding is actually good for improving my dry riding.
Plus here in Florida at this time of year the rain comes in handy for drying you off while riding.
It also increases the efficiency of ones mesh jackets.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1003"|1089759828 -->

I won't start a trip from home in the rain, but really don't mind being caught out in it that much

now i ride only for pleasure so i don't ride in the rain.
I take public transportation to work.
when i was in school, i had the choice of bike or car and would pick the bike all the time.
My last ride in the rain lasted 7 hours. It wasn't raining, it was pourring. My wife was right behind me in the car.
Just have to be more careful.

In Florida you have to expect to get caught in the rain every once in a while or you couldn't get 5 minutes from your house...
smile.gif

We plan our rides around the weather channel, sorry but true. Kind of like the others, my riding style has to be modified greatly for rain. Plus, I don't like the smell of wet leathers, I smell like a wet dog....see there is more to my nickname then you know....

Rain is no prob. It is not too frequent here, but just have to watch the slippy-slidy stuff when in it. I'm more scared of the cagers sliding around. No one here (cept me of course) knows how to ride in the rain.
biggrin.gif

Rain is no prob.  It is not too frequent here, but just have to watch the slippy-slidy stuff when in it.  I'm more scared of the cagers sliding around.  No one here (cept me of course) knows how to ride in the rain.
biggrin.gif
My attitude is about the same actually. I drive the Busa like I'm driving a slow car on rainy days, of course that is still faster than most car drivers when it is wet. No risky stuff like excessive leanig into a corner, overall the roads here in Bosnia are slippery enough. The Busa slid out from under me while leaning in dry conditions once already nothing more than a few scuffs, scrapes and the obvious marring of the right side exhaust can resulted from that event.

Rain is not so good but if your caught in it just slow down last time it happend to me i was 300 miles out in nj w/no rain gear so i just tucked and went mostly just the shoulders and boots jot wet.
race.gif

Back