Ride from Orlando to St Augustine on the 4th of July

What does one thing have to do with another? QUOTE]

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...she is not doing anything wrong by sharing pictures of her weekend ride. Why not let her enjoy it.
It's her choice if she decides not to wear a jacket. You see my picture in full leathers don't you. Does that really say anything about me?
I doubt it, I wore full leathers on that day in that picture. I usually do, however if the laws here were different and they did not require a lid, it's not up to you to tell me I have to wear one or I can't ride on your road. Don't get me wrong, because I do agree with wearing full protection...but your delivery of it comes out pretty strong.

You are welcome on the road, just not in my group ride. :thumbsup:

I would say it shows you have good judgement.

Last edited:
I am very very sorry for your friend.

I have seen worse than that. I have been behind riders who have been air lifted in.

As a matter of fact, I have been in worse than that.

I have been scalped, have had a 6x8 section of my skin across the top of my head hanging down my neck. The surgions pulled my skin back across and placed skin off my leg to cover up the remaining bare bone. I have had hundreds of stiches in my face. The nerves to my eye were cut and the doctors said it would never un dilate again so I wear sunglasses all the time. My eye did after a few years start working again, but I still wear the sunglasses.
All this was because I let someone else drive a car one night when I was young and as it turns out they didn't know how to drive. Ya know something...I was not wearing a helmet or gear in the car either. Accidents happen.

I'm not saying someone should not wear gear when they ride. I am as I said before, a firm believer in wearing the proper gear.

What I am saying is they should be able to make their own decisions. Let them know, but let them decide...and let someone enjoy posting pics in peace without having to be rediculed constantly.

Again I am very sorry for your friend. I take back the part about being worse than she was because I really don't know how bad she was. Hope she is ok.

I am very very sorry for your friend.

I have seen worse than that. I have been behind riders who have been air lifted in.

As a matter of fact, I have been in worse than that.

I have been scalped, have had a 6x8 section of my skin across the top of my head hanging down my neck. The surgions pulled my skin back across and placed skin off my leg to cover up the remaining bare bone. I have had hundreds of stiches in my face. The nerves to my eye were cut and the doctors said it would never un dilate again so I wear sunglasses all the time. My eye did after a few years start working again, but I still wear the sunglasses.
All this was because I let someone else drive a car one night when I was young and as it turns out they didn't know how to drive. Ya know something...I was not wearing a helmet or gear in the car either. Accidents happen.

I'm not saying someone should not wear gear when they ride. I am as I said before, a firm believer in wearing the proper gear.

What I am saying is they should be able to make their own decisions. Let them know, but let them decide...and let someone enjoy posting pics in peace without having to be rediculed constantly.

You are missing my point. I agree they are free to make their own decisions. But if they decide to ride without proper gear then they are not welcome to ride with my group. It is their choice.

I agree the pictures are nice to see, but if there were pictures of her doing wheelies down the highway I would say something about that also. So don't post pictures of you doing something wreckless without considering the possibility of someone saying something.

I am very sorry for your injuries and the suffering you must have gone through.

Last edited:
Again I am very sorry for your friend. I take back the part about being worse than she was because I really don't know how bad she was. Hope she is ok.

I don't know her, she is a friend of Jokers, but I also hope she is ok.

You are missing my point. I agree they are free to make their own decisions. But if they decide to ride without proper gear then they are not welcome to ride with my group. It is their choice.

I agree the pictures are nice to see, but if there were pictures of her doing wheelies down the highway I would say something about that also. So don't post pictures of you doing something wreckless without considering the possibility of someone saying something.

I am very sorry for your injuries and the suffering you must have gone through.

Dang. Is there a way to just delete this entire thread including my pictures that were posted?? I posted them per Jokers request. But, he is a friend and I can just email them to him next time. Now I am a reckless rider because I didnt wear a jacket?? :::shaking my head:::

We all choose to do whatever we want to do, if it is speeding, driving reckless, riding without a jacket or a helmet. As for me I always wear my helmet and gloves but there are times that I do not wear a jacket because of the heat. Yes my friend got hurt but it was her choice to ride the way she did and if she does it again it will be her choice. When I go for a group ride it is not my place to tell adults how to ride or what to wear. Heather thanks for sharing photos of your ride with some of your friends. I did not see anything reckless with the photo just adults doing what they like doing and that is riding.
If riding without a jacket makes you a reckless rider then I am a reckless rider. But again it looks like over 90% of Florida riders are reckless too.

We all choose to do whatever we want to do, if it is speeding, driving reckless, riding without a jacket or a helmet. As for me I always wear my helmet and gloves but there are times that I do not wear a jacket because of the heat. Yes my friend got hurt but it was her choice to ride the way she did and if she does it again it will be her choice. When I go for a group ride it is not my place to tell adults how to ride or what to wear. Heather thanks for sharing photos of your ride with some of your friends. I did not see anything reckless with the photo just adults doing what they like doing and that is riding.
If riding without a jacket makes you a reckless rider then I am a reckless rider. But again it looks like over 90% of Florida riders are reckless too.

I think 90% is a low ball #:whistle:...............................Dino are you a msf instructor?

By request of those who dont care that I am apparently a reckless rider since I dont wear my jacket sometimes...

Pics of me and my man...hahaha.

Busa 2.jpg

Busa 3.jpg

Busa 4.jpg

Busa 5.jpg

Busa.jpg

By request of those who dont care that I am apparently a reckless rider since I dont wear my jacket sometimes...

Pics of me and my man...hahaha.

It is a shame to see you so disregard your own saftey. I sure hope you don't go down. Do you ever think about your daughter and what you would do if you went down and got injured because you couldn't be bother to wear proper gear?

Too bad there is shuch a strong backlash to my desires to see adults take some responsibility not only for themselves but other riders. No helmet and taking a bug or stone to the face could cause you to go down and take out other riders. Hence wreckless.

Given your experience level that same rock or stone could distract you to where you lose control and cause you to go down endangering the other riders in your group. So yes it is wreckless to ride with out protection.

I for one am tired of seeing people injured so I will be happy to tell you that you are wrong for not protecting yourself.

Last edited:

Damn Joker I expected a little more from you. What if you or someone who was there had the courage to have said to her: "Hey you need to wear gear or you might regret it."

Maybe she would not be in the position she is in today.

Nobody is perfect but we need to look out for one another. Real friends have the balls to tell you when you are making a mistake.

Last edited:
I have told her many times to wear a full face helmet but she is an adult and choose not to. As for heather she had her helmet on. As for me driving on a interstate I wear my jacket but if I went to wal mart just about 2 miles I may not wear it. Everyone I ride with wear a full face helmet, gloves, jacket because we go for longs rides. After the photo I post of my friend people will still ride without a helmet but if you look here on the Org. I do not think I ever saw any member ride without a full face helmet because we know better.

Damn Joker I expected a little more from you. What if you or someone who was there had the courage to have said to her: "Hey you need to wear gear or you might regret it."

Maybe she would not be in the position she is in today.

Nobody is perfect but we need to look out for one another. Real friends have the balls to tell you when you are making a mistake.

We all caught it the first time you said it though. Saying it more times doesn't convince anyone, it just irritates people. Opinions are like a-holes; everyone has one and they all think everyone else's stinks. :moon::laugh:

There are people who think that motorcycles are dangerous and no one should ride them at all, some people think that about just sportbikes too. Some people think that if you have kids you should never ride. That doesn't mean they have to crap all over someone's thread with their incessant re-iterations of their opinion.

So thanks for your opinion and no one is disagreeing that you are safer with gear, but she was nice enough to invite some people on a great ride and post some pictures :beerchug: so it would be nice to see all the criticism drop and move on with the good times, Captain Negative. :poke::laugh:

I have an opinion on gear too, but that's not what this thread is about.

Back