Da Bug is headed to Florida!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Coming to Florida to work for a while (Waiting on Boeing to come to their senses).... Should be working near the St. Augustine area! Anyone familiar with this area? I believe I'll be in town next week. Won't have the bike, but still interested in meeting folks off the Org.

Enjoy it down there! Really a shame you won't have the bike.

Enjoy it down there!  Really a shame you won't have the bike.
Should be a lot of fun! Wish I could bring the bike, but don't have the room or time to make it happen. What can I expect for weather this time of year. I know I'm coming during the hurricane season, but having never been to Florida didn't know what to expect.

Do you need some one to take care of the big bore for you?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Welcome to the Sunshine State!

Weather...well for now sunny with basically showers and some thunderstorms every day. We go thru this every year around the same time (summer) until about Oct-Nov. It should start cooling down some soon since winter is around the corner.

I don't know much about the area other than being to the Fort of St. Augustine...but hey, we can meet sometime!

How about a get together of the Floridians on the board?
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

KSB -
I'm in Milton, just off the 10 east of Mobile. If you are interested in stopping by, I got a soda for ya, and I'll even let ya take Bessie around the block.....

Hey thanks all... I'm down for meeting everyone I can! There will be four of us staying in the St Augustine area. Looking forward to meeting up! Haven't decided which direction where going to take when when head out. So I'll have to keep you posted.....

Coming to Florida to work for a while (Waiting on Boeing to come to their senses).... Should be working near the St. Augustine area! Anyone familiar with this area? I believe I'll be in town next week. Won't have the bike, but still interested in meeting folks off the Org.
Like Smiley said, expect heat during the day, rain in the afternoon and then cooler in the evening. At least that's Lakeland's weather for the last few months. The last few mornings have been pretty nice.

We Lakeland and Tampa guys are a good 3-1/2 hours away from St. Augustine. FlynJay (if he's still around) lives up that way as do a few others.

Kevin

I live about 15 min from St. Auggie. ( between jacksonville and st. augustine ) . We ussually ride up to bike night in Orange park every wed. About 30 min. from you. We also race in gainesville which is just under an hour from you. Get your bike down here so you can ride with us, its just now getting to the point that we can ride and not be pouring sweat all day. Gotta love it
cool.gif

I live about 15 min from St. Auggie. ( between jacksonville and st. augustine ) . We ussually ride up to bike night in Orange park every wed. About 30 min. from you. We also race in gainesville which is just under an hour from you.  Get your bike down here so you can ride with us, its just now getting to the point that we can ride and not be pouring sweat all day. Gotta love it
cool.gif
Wish I could, but its an impossibility right now! Going to be without the bike for the next month or two.....
Thanks Kev for the weather update, just don't want to pack for a snow storm in July!

Back