Ride from Orlando to St Augustine on the 4th of July

Nice get together! Weather looked like it was great for you all. I'm surprised at the lack of quality safety gear that crew is not wearing. Some of them are not even wearing helmets!

Florida law or not....ATGATT! :rulez:

Nice get together! Weather looked like it was great for you all. I'm surprised at the lack of quality safety gear that crew is not wearing. Some of them are not even wearing helmets!

Florida law or not....ATGATT! :rulez:

I agree. What is up with that?

No helmets? No gear? Go find another group to ride with. Set an example.

I agree. What is up with that?

No helmets? No gear? Go find another group to ride with. Set an example.

If you will note the people who ARE wearing their gear...those are the people I invited. LOL. All my people wear their gear. I dont wear a jacket currently but I am in the market for a Florida summer friendly jacket...

There are a lot of people in the Orlando area that dont wear gear...

If you will note the people who ARE wearing their gear...those are the people I invited. LOL. All my people wear their gear. I dont wear a jacket currently but I am in the market for a Florida summer friendly jacket...

There are a lot of people in the Orlando area that dont wear gear...

Huh?

What I am saying is if you show up without gear you will be politely asked to find another group.

Huh?

What I am saying is if you show up without gear you will be politely asked to find another group.
Dam thats harsh just cause they don't wear gear don't make them a bad person:laugh: I am all for ATTGAT but it in the end it's rider choice hopefully the person doesn't have to learn the ATTGAT lesson the hard way. On the plus side the more often they ride with the ATTGAT crowd the more likely they will become ATTGAT riders themselves. jmo:whistle:

Huh?

That would be great if it was my ride. It wasnt. I joined someone else's ride so I wouldnt ever tell them to bugger off. I just kept my distance with the people who I brought out.

Dam thats harsh just cause they don't wear gear don't make them a bad person:laugh: I am all for ATTGAT but it in the end it's rider choice hopefully the person doesn't have to learn the ATTGAT lesson the hard way. On the plus side the more often they ride with the ATTGAT crowd the more likely they will become ATTGAT riders themselves. jmo:whistle:

I never said they were bad just stupid. If they don't have the good judgement to wear gear how do I know that they have the good judgement to be safe riding in a group? As a ride organizer i am responsible for the group as a whole and yes, it is the riders choice to wear what they want. It is my choice to allow them to ride with our group. Not harsh at all if you bring your gear.

Huh?

That would be great if it was my ride. It wasnt. I joined someone else's ride so I wouldnt ever tell them to bugger off. I just kept my distance with the people who I brought out.

Got ya. Did you have a jacket or not? That is what the "huh?" was for I did not understand from your post.

I am a firm believer in wearing gear (myself and my wife go head to toe)
I am not a believer in being a control freak and telling everyone else what they have to wear.
Give them a thought, advice, heads up, etc but maaaan, if they refuse then they will learn soon.

I never said they were bad just stupid. If they don't have the good judgement to wear gear how do I know that they have the good judgement to be safe riding in a group? As a ride organizer i am responsible for the group as a whole and yes, it is the riders choice to wear what they want. It is my choice to allow them to ride with our group. Not harsh at all if you bring your gear.

Got ya. Did you have a jacket or not? That is what the "huh?" was for I did not understand from your post.

No. I did not wear a jacket. I was wearing a jacket all the time until I almost passed out from heat exhaustion during a group ride a few weeks back. I am trying to find a light colored womens jacket that will fit someone with my huge chest. LOL. I am looking though. Trying all the local shops to get sizing down so I can order online as they dont carry larger sizes locally. I get a lecture on this from my people all the time. It is being worked on. Scouts honor!:poke:

I am a firm believer in wearing gear (myself and my wife go head to toe)
I am not a believer in being a control freak and telling everyone else what they have to wear.
Give them a thought, advice, heads up, etc but maaaan, if they refuse then they will learn soon.

Sounds like a cop-out there outlawbusa, it doesn't take much to set and enforce standards of conduct on group rides. Nor is it about being a control freak, individuals are free to do what they choose, but on a group ride the ride organizer has some responsibility for the group.

Give them a thought, advice, heads up, etc but maaaan, if they refuse then they will learn soon. - I don't need to see anymore pictures of people learning like the ones posted last week. If you want to ride like a fool, do so by yourself.

Nice pictures though.

No. I did not wear a jacket. I was wearing a jacket all the time until I almost passed out from heat exhaustion during a group ride a few weeks back. I am trying to find a light colored womens jacket that will fit someone with my huge chest. LOL. I am looking though. Trying all the local shops to get sizing down so I can order online as they dont carry larger sizes locally. I get a lecture on this from my people all the time. It is being worked on. Scouts honor!:poke:

So all the people you invited had on gear, except you?

I would have thought you learned from Joker's friends incident.

So all the people you invited had on gear, except you?

I would have thought you learned from Joker's friends incident.

Yep. They do. They wear leather 75% of the time actually. In 100+ degree weather. They have also been riding for 10+ years and have had time to save some dollars. LOL. I have only been riding 6 weeks. They are also helping me shop for mine. I have only been without a jacket twice now due to the extreme heat. 90% I do wear the jacket. I know, it only takes one time. I hear it from my friends everytime I go without it. I am trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and get a white leather jacket for $400 since I will need it for the winter anyways or get a light color textile for $250.

http://www.jcmotors.com/pc-16091-2050-icon-womens-hooligan-hayabusa-textile-motorcycle-jacket.aspx

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=42&L3=188&L4=189&item=PAR_2813-0413_G

I have a medical condition that makes me get over-heated rapidly so I have to be careful...Who wears leather during the summer?? Is it terrible even if it is a light color like white?

Opinions are welcomed on that. :laugh:

as the enlightened philosopher Voltaire said, “I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it.”

Last edited:
Sounds like a cop-out there outlawbusa, it doesn't take much to set and enforce standards of conduct on group rides. Nor is it about being a control freak, individuals are free to do what they choose,

It's not a cop out Dino, I just see you taking every chance you get to bust someone's ball's about what ever they want to post...let her post her pictures in peace. If you don't like them so be it.
For one, I would like to see her pictures.

Different opinions on mesh. I wear a armoured mesh jacked and I have read good things about them if worn properly. I really like mine and find it is cooler that a t-shirt.

I also saw a review of cooling vests and some of my MSF brethern have been looking into them. I can't say whether they are good or bad, but I would like to give one a try. Here is more information:

Motorcycle Cool Vests and Heated Clothes

Hope this helps.

It's not a cop out Dino, I just see you taking every chance you get to bust someone's ball's about what ever they want to post...let her post her pictures in peace. If you don't like them so be it.
For one, I would like to see her pictures.

What does one thing have to do with another? I like her pictures too...I just don't want to see any like the ones Joker posted. Sorry I can't just sit back and not say anything to a fellow rider when I see they are putting themselves in danger. I have lost too many friends to just sit back. As a community I feel we owe it to ourselves and younger riders to set an example and enforce standards; especially where safety is concerned.

What does one thing have to do with another? QUOTE]

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Everyone is entitled to an opinion...she is not doing anything wrong by sharing pictures of her weekend ride. Why not let her enjoy it.
It's her choice if she decides not to wear a jacket. You see my picture in full leathers don't you. Does that really say anything about me?
I doubt it, I wore full leathers on that day in that picture. I usually do, however if the laws here were different and they did not require a lid, it's not up to you to tell me I have to wear one or I can't ride on your road.
Don't get me wrong, because I do agree with wearing full protection...but your delivery of it comes out pretty strong.

Back