Reunited - and it feels great

spotrot

Registered
I left my 04 in Boise, outside (under cover) through the winter.

I returned to Boise for a week, installed the battery, and it started instantly. Didn't even crank over for a second before it fired up, wanting to go.

This amazing reliability sure makes me rethink buying a nostalgia bike, like a Royal Enfield Interceptor.

'Can't wait to explore the hills north of Boise this summer.

nice, hopefully there were no fluids that froze and caused any issues, I hear it gets pretty chilly up there. I fired mine up after her winter nap in the garage and just like yours fired right up :thumbsup:

I left my 04 in Boise, outside (under cover) through the winter.

I returned to Boise for a week, installed the battery, and it started instantly. Didn't even crank over for a second before it fired up, wanting to go.

This amazing reliability sure makes me rethink buying a nostalgia bike, like a Royal Enfield Interceptor.

'Can't wait to explore the hills north of Boise this summer.
Mine sits through the winter on a tender and fires up instantly, no matter how long its sat. Modern fuel injected bikes are amazing for their reliability and very little need to fiddle with them. Nostalgia's nice in some ways, but when you want a dependable rocketship fast bike that starts and runs like a car nothing beats modern fuel injection :thumbsup: The old bikes will keep you plenty busy trying to keep them running reliably. Great if you love to wrench and have the time, not so much if you just want to ride :laugh:
I will never own another carbed bike myself.

Back