dropped it today

kod3001

Registered
What a berk I am, I saw it coming too.

Just to make matters worse, it happens the day after I read a post all about the mod I must make - can you see where this is going?

Anyway, here's what happened...

Had a meeting in Stevenage today (just North of London), about 180 miles from where I live.

Left at about 7.30 this morning allowing for a brief rest of refuel on the way down. And yes, unlike last time the bike started up first time, no flat batteries today, oh no.

Got there at just after 10. Arrive outside the office, reach into my pocket for my wallet containing the swipe card to open the gate. Swipe it, gates opens, quickly put card in wallet and wallet back in pocket.

1st gear, move forward, gate shuts before I get through it, or even close to it, bugger.

I'm now a few feet from the swiper thingy, and ever so slightly down hill from it. Can't push the bike back.

OK, so its on a slight hill, I wonder if the side stand can take it, I'll test it before I step off the bike. Side stand down, lean over, ooops... lost it, bugger.
crazy.gif

So, you got it, I haven't made the mod to let the side stand go a bit further forward, something to do tomorrow.

The only half-good news is that the bike fell on my foot, thus minimising damage. The clutch lever seemed to take most of the impact, so that's broken, or at least the 1st inch of its gone. My lovely Yoshis' came out unscathed, mirror ok. Couple of tiny scratches on the side panel and gear box cover, easily taken care of me thinks.

So lessons learnt today.

Oh, and I think I'll go out any buy a couple of them rubber thingys to protect my bodywork from any future 'mishaps'.

AWWW~Tommorow will be a better day! I know where Stevenage, or heard of it when i was in london in september04. Take care and hope she will be ok:D

Could have been worse, but those downhills are tough even with a modded or adjustable kickstand. Glad the damage wasn't too bad.

its all part of being out there riding !a perfect bike is on that doesnt get used! i hit some sand last week slid the phucker sideways.had to kick off as not to low side ,saved it !!and just kept on going!! it all gets the heart pumping.

sorry to hear KOD...hope ya get her back to new soon!

Sorry to hear about the drop. It's a sickening sound.
sad.gif
Many of us have "been there, done that" thanks to Suzuki's sorry excuse for a kickstand.
cussing.gif

I also see you mentioned rubber thingys. If you're talking about those magic mushrooms that replace a fairing bolts don't do it! If you had those on today your side panel would not be salvagable. If the bike falls hard, IT may not be salvagable.

oops.jpg

Blimey, don't like what the 'magic mushrooms' have done for your bike, perhaps I'll have to have a rethink on that one.

I see this as an opportunity to replace my clutch and brake lever for something a bit less 'standard'.

Gonna have to think hard about my scratches, perhaps an opportunity for some sort of custom paint job.

Blimey, don't like what the 'magic mushrooms' have done for your bike, perhaps I'll have to have a rethink on that one.

I see this as an opportunity to replace my clutch and brake lever for something a bit less 'standard'.

Gonna have to think hard about my scratches, perhaps an opportunity for some sort of custom paint job.
Thankfully that's not one of my bikes.
smile.gif

I did a little research on those things and found that picture. They aren't that popular in the states but seem to be a big seller in the UK.

Considering the cost of the body panels, frame sliders are the only way to go.
If you decide to replace the scratched panels, ronayers.com has the best prices. Although not being in the US may kill ya on shipping charges.

Back