Retailers why bash?o

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so I put on 2600 miles from Wed last week to today...(and had a total blast doing it)

In that time I visited 3 bike shops (large operations) and at each one, I asked a few questions about gear and tires.. each sales person took no time at all to bash a product they did not carry, did not have or would have to order...

Case in point: AGV wear.. Oh you should not buy that stuff, it could be made of goat skin or some other odd ball leather... buy our first gear stuff instead...

Now do you think this helps sell a product? In my eyes it does not. I in fact own AGV stuff and sort of resent being told it is substandard and garbage (even if true, why do I want to hear that?)

I also own FirstGear stuff (my cold weather gear) and I would be happy to buy more of it, tell me why I want it, not why I dont want something else...

Another beef is knowledge of product line... FirstGear has electric gloves out this year. They are priced well and contrary to what the above sales person told me, they do come in a XXL (they run small) The controllers are around $55 (dual controller so you can power your pants or jacket).

Another dealer proceded to bash the Pirelli Corsa 3 "It is a dual compound "Race" tire, that is soft in the middle and even softer on the sidewall. They are terrible for the street/road use"

Fine buddy, never mind I have them on my "busa" outside and they seemed to do farily well at Deals Gap for me, although the rear is worn out at this point (4500M) I can not complain with how the tire did wet or dry.

Needless to say, I skipped the new cold gear and tire purchases until I got home. These guys blew about $600 in sales just because they had to bash other products... Next time just tell me why I want your stuff, now why I should be sorry for what I have... (and I am not sorry for what I have, it is what I wanted)...

Ok then
redcomprs2.gif

Its just poor salesmanship. If you dont know your product, how can you sell it? I tried for a while to get a job at a local dealership like the one mentioned, but they prefer dumbasses instead. I dont buy there for that reason.

WELL I WONT DENY THERE ARE IDIOTS AMONG US, UNFORTUNATELY A LOT OF THEM WORK AT THE DEALERSHIPS

Back