Removing ABS

I've had all 3 brake option on the Busa's...the ABS is great...yes it feels a touch soft but most of that is the daft stock levers.
Changed them to Pazzo style short levers and I love them....I can brake as hard as I like as often as I like front and rear and they really bite.
The rear setup of the ABS is perfect and gives all the braking the tyre can cope with whilst the fronts can be buried to the fork stops with ease wet or dry...I never had that confidence with non-ABS.

The ABS has its own ECU according to my dealer so the Fi light shouldn't be a problem.....if you really want to disable the ABS then just unplug or unscrew a wheel sensor and live with a yellow ABS light on the dash or get in to the loom and remove the wire to the dash to get rid of the light.

I've had all 3 brake option on the Busa's...the ABS is great...yes it feels a touch soft but most of that is the daft stock levers.
Changed them to Pazzo style short levers and I love them....I can brake as hard as I like as often as I like front and rear and they really bite.
The rear setup of the ABS is perfect and gives all the braking the tyre can cope with whilst the fronts can be buried to the fork stops with ease wet or dry...I never had that confidence with non-ABS.

The ABS has its own ECU according to my dealer so the Fi light shouldn't be a problem.....if you really want to disable the ABS then just unplug or unscrew a wheel sensor and live with a yellow ABS light on the dash or get in to the loom and remove the wire to the dash to get rid of the light.

Thank you so very much for the good advice. I already installed the Pazzo Levers.

Can't do a stoppie with abs!
Can't lock the rear wheel to start a drift(yes, you throttle it to start drifts too, I know)!
Boooooo!
Can I stop shorter on a wet road with abs? I'm almost sure of it.
Do I care? Not at all.
Some people want abs, prefer it, feel the need to have it, or need it to compensate for their poor braking skills.
Some of us just don't want it.
To each their own.

All true sixpack, I think its becoming more and more common to find ABS on the larger bikes. Let's not 4get the busa is considered a "sport touring" motorcycle and that's becoming the standard 4 bikes along those lines. Me personally I've never had a bike with ABS so I can't really knock it till I've tried it but I've been managing all these years with out it so I don't see the need. With that being said if I did buy a busa with ABS I would probably adjust my riding style while on that particular bike :whistle:

I have searched and came up with nothing.

Has anyone done this yet?

I am contemplating and moving forward with removing my ABS system.

Also, any thoughts on the performance of the ABS unit?

I just got mine and the brakes feel incredibly soft, but this just may be that my trade-in was coming up on replacing the pads (among other things), which is why I upgraded.

TIA,

-Frank
Hey..... I bought a 2013 hayabusa... it already come modified with non abs... I find out the hard way... I thought I had abs but I didn't so locked the rear tire... abs light was never on ... I'm working on to fix it... anyway... what the last one did to it.... he cut the abs lines... the line that goes from The rear master cylinder to the abs module and the one that goes from the module to the rear calimper.... and he bought a brake line that goes from the master cylinder straight to the rear calimper..... trust me... u womt have any warning g light coming on and the rear abs won't do anything cuz u have a straight line from mast cyl to rear calimper.....I will post pic for u if u want and if u need to ask me anything... I have my bike right here... pls don't cut the line just pull me out... I paid 100 for the new line to get my abs working back

Hey..... I bought a 2013 hayabusa... it already come modified with non abs... I find out the hard way... I thought I had abs but I didn't so locked the rear tire... abs light was never on ... I'm working on to fix it... anyway... what the last one did to it.... he cut the abs lines... the line that goes from The rear master cylinder to the abs module and the one that goes from the module to the rear calimper.... and he bought a brake line that goes from the master cylinder straight to the rear calimper..... trust me... u womt have any warning g light coming on and the rear abs won't do anything cuz u have a straight line from mast cyl to rear calimper.....I will post pic for u if u want and if u need to ask me anything... I have my bike right here... pls don't cut the line just pull me out... I paid 100 for the new line to get my abs working back

That could be a hell of a lawsuit right there.

Damn... i just installed the new rear lines... and bleed the sys.. hit the brake once and worked rear tire didn't locked and felt the kick back on the lever but the abs light came on and now it doesn't work....any one know how to reset the abs codes ?

That could be a hell of a lawsuit right there.

Nvm I just found the problem... the brake sensor I forget to plug it back on.. so it's all working perfect now.. ... listen man.... I won't use the brake line that my bike had... it's all u need to delete the abs on a 2013 busa.. if u wanna.. all u gotta pay me is the shipping and I will send it to u... if u wanna contact me.... davisito2608@gmail.com email me... I will be happy to help.u ... and don't worry it's a 2 hour job super easy to do

This one

15268597068481022750384788614961.jpg

Back