reliability on stock compression?

running ~7.5lbs(0.5 bar) spring for 3 years, and 10k with no issues. Just got back from the dragon for the 3rd yr.
beerchug.gif

as long as you keep the boost in check and stay on top of the maintenance you'll get plenty of miles out of it.

Make sure your tune is correct{11.0-11.8 afr} you should have a reliable machine. Word of warning:::::No one wants to stay at just 6 lbs of boost, if your budget permits at least put a spacer in and on pump gas you should be able to turn it up a little more. good luck

Make sure your tune is correct{11.0-11.8 afr} you should have a reliable machine. Word of warning:::::No one wants to stay at just 6 lbs of boost, if your budget permits at least put a spacer in and on pump gas you should be able to turn it up a little more. good luck
just like no one wants to run a 40 shot of nitrous forever too
laugh.gif

i already have a plan to build a new motor with beefed up studs, rods, j&e pistons and a falicon worked crank. in the meantime, my 6psi mr. turbo kit will get me going and get me familiar with turbo charging the busa so i can later develop my own setup.

so now that i hear from others who have sub 1/2 bar systems on stock motors, i feel that i can at least take her out on long highway trips without the fear of melting the engine.

i'll probably add the spacer anyway just for added safety.

I had 12,000 mile on my Turbo dragon stock before I moved up to 11lbs at stock compression with spacers and 30,000 miles butm I have all heavy duty inners.

The fuel map is the key to success. Just remember pump gas is not meant for long high speed runs.

Back