spacer and head gasket

bubba_zenetti

Registered
hi all, a few questions again.

can anyone tell me what my compression ratio would be using the .080 spacer and a stock head gasket?

also, how does the stock head gasket stand up to boost levels around 1/2 bar?

is there a better head gasket and spacer combo that will give me better results for reliability and lower compression with stock slugs?

and now onto part 2 of my questions,

i am thinking of going to a set of j&e pistons with a spacer. i see a set of j&e 81mm slugs that are advertised as 9.5:1 in their catalog so i am assuming that is their turbo setup. waht sort of compression ratio am i looking at with the spacer.

i only ask this because i do not have my motor apart yet, so i have no clue what the actual deck height is and what the stock gasket thickness is so making calculations would be a bit difficult without those variables. i am hoping one of you have already done the math and could share the answer
biggrin.gif

1. The best head gasket spacer combo is a cometic head gasket with .08 spacer and the use of ape promod head studs

2. The je turbo pistons require a spacer to to the deck height and it turns out to be 8.5:1 compression ratio if i remember right

Just going to 8.5 to 1 comp gotta make the bike feel like a slug out of boost. Not good for the street IMHO. I agree with CD but you forgot the good tune too......
whistling.gif
Just the spacer drops it down a full point, right?

A spacer will get almost 1.5 points off of the comp ratio. THat should get you around 9.5-1, maybe as low as 9.0-1 considering the stock compression ratio is not a true 11.0-1.

We calculated my compression ratio out to 8.50-1 with a .045 quench, JE turbo pistons, .080 spacer and a .010 base gasket.

JE says with their turbo pistons, .080 spacer and a .038-.040 quench, you get 8.74-1 comp. Lots of things affect it though, deck height, cc of the chambers etc.

They are definetly pigs off boost.

Back