Rectifier recall notice came today

Wow my rectifier went up ont he 600 I picked up for the track and had to have it replaced last year....hmmm..those that went to the bash might remember it dying at the phillips..???

guess I will ring up the ole shop see what crap they spew about this... thanks org and John for letting me know!

Wow my rectifier went up ont he 600 I picked up for the track and had to have it replaced last year....hmmm..those that went to the bash might remember it dying at the phillips..???

Wasn't Warbird II riding it when it quit?

Wasn't Warbird II riding it when it quit?

Yessir! Tim was out with it and had to get aride back in a pickup:laugh:

My point is if I already paid to have it doen and its a known problem shouldnt somebody be givng me some money back????????

Well that would explain why ive had to replace the battery 3 times now. When you wanna ride you do whatever to ride. HAHA...

A disconcerting thread.

My K8 has well over 50,000 miles, original battery, never ever have had any electrical issue whatsoever. Always fires right up, whether sub-freezing temps, or 120 degrees in Death Valley. Pretty sure I do not want/need a new rectifier... but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread....

I got 11,000 kms on mine, never had any sort of battery issues.. However I ran into this problem on the GEN I. Its a pricey part none the less. If its affected, I want it to be replaced rather than deal with it later down the road. Would be cool if we could keep the original one in case of a backup needed. I have yet to hear about this in Canada. But they are all assembled in the same plant. So I'm sure its gonna surface in Canada. I have emailed my dealer and see what they have to say about it.

Man you read that wrong. You read the Bking stuff.

it says for 08-09 GSX1300R ALL
That's what I said, then included the bking vin's after the "and" as they are GSX1300's also. I called the local dealer here and they said i'm not on the list, funny, i'm on this one so I guess i'll have to wait for a recall letter.

That's what I said, then included the bking vin's after the "and" as they are GSX1300's also. I called the local dealer here and they said i'm not on the list, funny, i'm on this one so I guess i'll have to wait for a recall letter.

sorry dude, my bad!

Yessir! Tim was out with it and had to get aride back in a pickup:laugh:

My point is if I already paid to have it doen and its a known problem shouldnt somebody be givng me some money back????????

I would hope so, But ya know how dealerships are.

I went to my local dealer today and they havent heard anything about it yet.

Back