Rectifier recall notice came today

09 Busa here. 2 weeks ago, my battery died. Lacking the knowledge, got a charger and charged it up to see if its just the battery. Took it out for a spin today, got about 10 miles and then the bike shut off on me. Mechanic buddy of mine came and towed it for me. He saw the battery was dead so we first replaced the battery. He checked the voltage levels and they were too low for a new battery at 4-5k rpm.... he called the dealer to see if they had the rectifiers in stock. They asked if it was a 08 or 09 busa. After confirmation ,they stated that they are about to roll out on the recalls and asked me to bring my busa in for the repairs. I was the first one to get it done at the dealer too so not a lot of people know about it. Spread the word.

i have heared of this issue on the gsxr-600/750s in 08/09..does anyone know are they the same? i have an 08 750 also with 5k on her and never hade any problems yet..i only have a hundred miles on my 09 busa so i dont know what her fait is..

It says all 08 09 GSX1300R and BK JS1GX71A82100026 thru JS1GX71A82102864 non abs
Please correct me if I am wrong but doesn't this mean only 2838 bikes are being recalled if the vin numbers are assigned consecutively from 00026 to 02864?

Does anyone yet have the document to shows these VIN numbers? The stop sell order says "ALL 08 and 09 models". My VIN is outside the range of the VIN's listed above.

09 Busa here. 2 weeks ago, my battery died. Lacking the knowledge, got a charger and charged it up to see if its just the battery. Took it out for a spin today, got about 10 miles and then the bike shut off on me. Mechanic buddy of mine came and towed it for me. He saw the battery was dead so we first replaced the battery. He checked the voltage levels and they were too low for a new battery at 4-5k rpm.... he called the dealer to see if they had the rectifiers in stock. They asked if it was a 08 or 09 busa. After confirmation ,they stated that they are about to roll out on the recalls and asked me to bring my busa in for the repairs. I was the first one to get it done at the dealer too so not a lot of people know about it. Spread the word.

U were lucky then to get inside scoop. Will do on spreading the news

it looks like all 08/09 hayabusas are being recalled..and a dealer just sold me mine and ill bet they did **** to fix this..:banghead:

Sounds right Max, i've seen 3600+ on the b-king vin #'s so maybe after those affected were produced and the '10+ busas had another rectifier supplier?

Back