Rebuilt engine no low end

jeremy78233

Registered
recently rebuilt my engine with .80" spacer, valve job & shims, studs, hd springs, stock injectors, fmu, hahn 16g, external wastegate, bov, adjustable cam gears @ 106-107. After running it for two days it sounds like a harley to me (dump pipe) but never did before and the low end feels gone, dosent come alive till maybe 5k, no FI light and everything checked and double checked, FP is @ 40psi. Just dosen't pull down low like it used to need to know if anyone else has this problem, and will anything listed above change the tone of bike its always been dumped at the turbo but now it sounds more like a harley than a sportbike. Any ifno is welcomed thanks.

Recheck your cam timing, coil plugs & map sensor something is not right
it will loose some bottom end with the spacer but still should run smooth

:poke:your fred flinston feet are getting much slower at pushing in your older age:laugh:

thanks everyone. I went out there and went ahead and pulled the plugs to see how they were looking given the way bike was running. Low and behold one of my plugs look'd like it had never been fired. Clean up the plugs reinstalled them and made sure the coils were plugged in nice an tight. As soon as I started it sounded right, jumped on went around the block and WOW! Now I feel my rebuild has payed off, half throttle around 10lbs boost bike wants to come out from under me, gotta luv it. I knew it had to be something stupid but thought I already checked the plugs, oh well.
Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

Back