rearsets

BigRod1300

Registered
Im looking for adjustable rearsets. Ive narrowed down to Sato in black for $470 and the Gilles in titanium with carbon heal guards at $435. I cant deside. Does anyone have them and what are your thoughts. Thanks for info.

sato.jpg

I really like the Gilles
thumb_up.gif
, but
winkold.gif
, I don't have them so, what do I know
tounge.gif
. Except I think they look GREAT
ThumbsUp.gif

Gilles hands down! There craftsmanship is out standing!

Sato has roller bearings, hold them all in your hands and work the mechanism, feeling the play (if any) then decide, I bought Satos because certain serious racers told me to.
Raydog

P1000369.JPG

Which ones are easiest to purchase replacement parts for if something should happen?
I have OSF on my racebike & you used to have to buy the whole side.

i have those exact gilles in the pic, they're great. if NJ said go with Satos go for it.
thumb_up.gif

Hey BIGROD, what color is your bike ? The Sato's look good, but I ALWAYS hear people praising the Giles.

I really don't think you could wrong with either one, it comes down to persnal perference. I'm leaning towards the Satos for the 08.

Are the Giles reverse shifting ? (1 up, and 5 down), or is that just a certain kind ?
You should be able to reverse any of them....including the stock ones.
Ohhhh, I thought they came like that ? (the Giles) I,ve heard of board members doing that to thier stock shifter, is that difficult to do, for someone that's not mechanicly gifted ?
Most guys that drag have the reverse shifting . All you do on a busa is spin the clamp on the gear shaft . It does take a little while to get used to but I feel more comfortable as my foot stays on top most of the time . You should be able to do this option with any aftermarket one regular or reverse .

I'm a Vortex fan
+1

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

(use them on my both Busas, they're excellent sets)

* without a good rear set , busa looks one point less !

Back