Rearsets

Cipher Complete

Registered
With a tax check on the way, i am in the market for after market rearsets. I want to go black in color, it is my new anti-bling. Who has the best bang for the buck? I would prefer that heel guards be included, or at least available, and I still need a rear brake switch. I looked at the vortex, the gilles, and the cyclecat's. the cats are a little salty for me. Anyone have any advice, ideas?

I HAVE ANODIZED BLACK ADJUSTABLE VORTEX SET,I LOVE EM,YOU CAN GET A BRAKE SWITCH FOR LIKE $20 TOO...I TRY AND DIG UP A PIC

cyclecats are the shiznizzle, and my gilles rock
super.gif

IMG_0102.JPG

Aren't the cyclecats about 500 bucks. Unfortunately i can't get a deal on the cycle cats. The Vortex, and possibly the Gilles I can get cheaper

I really need to get a set of these babies.... all the best features from all of them merged into one. I have a CNC mill, and my guy needs some practise.............hint hint hint
lurk.gif

Anyone donating the set I borrow, gets a free set of the new ones, plus his back.

(Cipher Complete @ Apr. 16 2007,13:10) With a tax check on the way, i am in the market for after market rearsets.  I want to go black in color, it is my new anti-bling.  Who has the best bang for the buck?  I would prefer that heel guards be included, or at least available, and I still need a rear brake switch.  I looked at the vortex, the gilles, and the cyclecat's.  the cats are a little salty for me.  Anyone have any advice, ideas?
Here ya go:Black

i01357.jpg

very nice-love'em all, but Im planning my bank robbery to pay for the Cyclecats
all_coholic.gif

worked CNC for 7 years...those things are tha shizzle fo' rizzle, yo
bowdown.gif

BUT- Vortex aint any worse-just a lil les adjustment...which isnt bad-if your avg height guy they shud work fine too-and they look killer in Black!
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Sorry to hijack this thread but can someone tell me what is the big deal over aftermarket rearsets? Are they adjustable so the pegs are exactly where you want them or something? They do look nice, but seem expensive for pegs..

if you're over 6' they help ALOT-yes they do reposition your feet, really goood ones like Vortex, Gilles, Cyclecats will offer alot of adjustment. you can change up/down, forward/back, even move toe peg around too-makes long rides much more comfortable and track riders can get their position righ where they want it on the bike. If they were just 'fancy pegs' nobody would be droppin $300+ on them.

(Cipher Complete @ Apr. 17 2007,17:38) Sweet, whats the damage
These are custom made to take all the sets out and use the best feature of each of them and put them in one set...$325 tyd in the usa

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Added Gilles to mine recently....love them... brilliant quality, and cant help but push the bike further and further over into turns... BUT, personally thought the screws provided were absolute rubbish, had to drill them out soon afterwards in order to remove them, replace them if ya invest in Gilles, and a dab of copper grease on the threads.....

M.

beerchug.gif

(GoldenChild @ Apr. 17 2007,21:57)
(Cipher Complete @ Apr. 17 2007,17:38) Sweet, whats the damage
These are custom made to take all the sets out and use the best feature of each of them and put them in one set...$325 tyd in the usa
O.K., how do I send the money?

Gotta have these in silver!

(tangledclown @ Apr. 17 2007,04:07) check out onesecondfaster.com....best price and great quality
I have a set of OSF on my RC51 racebike.

They will not sell individual replacement parts like Vortex & others. You have to buy the whole side or more than necessary -  I needed one peg from a low side & had to but a set for almost $80.00 w/ shipping. I sent over 20 e-mails & left 20+ messages & still have never had a call returned.
guns.gif

I just wanted some info. I can't wait to get rid of them & get some others.

I have Vortex on the Busa & love them. Very aggressive knurl on the pegs no slippage.

(TurboSN95 @ Apr. 17 2007,18:09) Sorry to hijack this thread but can someone tell me what is the big deal over aftermarket rearsets?  Are they adjustable so the pegs are exactly where you want them or something?  They do look nice, but seem expensive for pegs..
I am 6'3" & was having a problem w/ my toe dragging in corners before my knee w/ the stock sets. I have the Vortex all the way up & back. No problems w/ the toes anymore just smooth knee dragging. They make shifting smoother too.

I have Harris ones on mine. The biggest benni is that, like said earlier, you can reposition your foot which also effects your knee position.

I like the sato's alot. There are a ton of adjustable ones on the market today.

Back