Rearsets hole threads

Jgarcia6988

Registered
Hello All
So Ive been taking out and installing my rearsets a few times with other rearsets . It got to the point when i put in the screw in it does not lock up like it keeps turning... so the new rearset vortex only uses two of the three to hold on the bike. Hopefully you guys know what im trying to explain please help

So can you post a photo ? Did you strip out the threads on the frame lower , mid , or upper bolt ?
Thread pitch is M8 x 1.25 . You would use a bottom tap to chase the threads , but if you completely damaged them a helicoil is required to repair the area . I recommend you practice on scrap alum before attempting on you frame first .
How hand with tools are you ?
Amazon.com: Heli-Coil Helicoil 5546-8 M8 x 1.25 Metric Coarse Thread Repair Kit: Automotive

So can you post a photo ? Did you strip out the threads on the frame lower , mid , or upper bolt ?
Thread pitch is M8 x 1.25 . You would use a bottom tap to chase the threads , but if you completely damaged them a helicoil is required to repair the area . I recommend you practice on scrap alum before attempting on you frame first .
How hand with tools are you ?
Amazon.com: Heli-Coil Helicoil 5546-8 M8 x 1.25 Metric Coarse Thread Repair Kit: Automotive
I haven’t done a photo yet . Yes I guess I stripped them it keep turning. It was the upper hole. I’m pretty good with tools shouldn’t be to difficult to do .. should I try a bottom tap first ? If so what will I be looking for? Thank you for your help

Back