Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear turn signal mod

Nice!
super.gif

Hmmm...X axis,Z axis? I smell a machinist a mile away!!!

good job!

I moved my rear turn signals - again. I just didn't like the way they looked hanging from the reflector brackets after I cut the rear shovel off- looked kinda cheap.And since I'm too cheap (poor)(financially challenged) to buy an undertail, I wanted to modify the way the rear signals looked. I wanted them tucked in closer to the bike so i got to thinking and here's what happened. It took me a couple hours to do and cost virtually nothing but time.

The before pic.
This is after I moved the signals from the rear shovel (removed) to the brackets where the reflectors were.......me not likey.
sad.gif
(check out the tire, too)
You're late!! I was the originator of that mod. Only thing I did different was that I used a set of shortstalk signals from Lockhart Phillips. Great look. I guess it's true that "great minds think alike...."
laugh.gif

I moved my rear turn signals - again. I just didn't like the way they looked hanging from the reflector brackets after I cut the rear shovel off- looked kinda cheap.And since I'm too cheap (poor)(financially challenged) to buy an undertail, I wanted to modify the way the rear signals looked. I wanted them tucked in closer to the bike so i got to thinking and here's what happened. It took me a couple hours to do and cost virtually nothing but time.

The before pic.
This is after I moved the signals from the rear shovel (removed) to the brackets where the reflectors were.......me not likey.
sad.gif
(check out the tire, too)
You're late!!  I was the originator of that mod.  Only thing I did different was that I used a set of shortstalk signals from Lockhart Phillips.  Great look.  I guess it's true that "great minds think alike...."  
laugh.gif
awww rats! I thought i thought of somethin!
tounge.gif

beerchug.gif

Well since today was suppose to be rainy, yesterday I started following your instructions. Thanks so much for posting this. I finished today... the right side ended up being 1/2 inch off from the left side
sad.gif

tail.jpg

tail2.jpg

I did the same sort of idea, but as the same of PsychoBusa.. I used LockHart Phillips flush mounts. Same placement too. Seems to be a common mod of those of us with dual highmounts...

It's a SHAME that none of the "Cool" undertail kits will work correctly if you've spaced out your rear pegs.
mad.gif

looks good....
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|NiTrowood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150323274 -->

Oh and here's a pic of mine.... - Tail light lowere area (reflector) has since been sprayed with nightshades.

IMG_0748-a.JPG

Top Bottom