Moved stock turn signals in?

quikbusa

Donating Member
Registered
Has anyone taken the rubber spacer off the rear turn signals and just moved them in closer to the bike? I was curious to how it would look. I like the visibility of the stock blinkers. Damn, I am getting old! Thanks.

Has anyone taken the rubber spacer off the rear turn signals and just moved them in closer to the bike?  I was curious to how it would look.  I like the visibility of the stock blinkers.  Damn, I am getting old!  Thanks.
Boy it sounds like you answered your own question!!!
But how OLD!!!!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I'm 29 but I had a 7r back in the day with the smaller signals and I was told many times, you cant see them. I will probably leave them for now, but I always say that. I said I would leave the reflectors on and that lasted about a day.

I liked the comment. I did answer my own question
cool.gif

Do a search for "My $0 fender mod" or something very close to that. He took them from the fender and moved them up so that they ended up being attached to the trunk box. Ders pictures and everything!

Yeah, I actually purchased a set of short-stalk signals and mounted them in the little brackets that hold the rear reflectors. Just removed the reflectors and bored the hole out a little with my drill and then mounted them. Worked well and looks really clean.

You could try Clear Alternatives LED integrated tailight. The real bulbs are replaced with a circuit board covered in LEDs. The tail light and brake light appear as a normal but when you signal, the whole left or right side of the tail light, light up in amber. They can't be missed. They also make coloured lenses. I purchased them because my saddle bags rested on the signal and obscured them.

Back