air scoop / turn signal ??

Butter Bean

Registered
I'm thinking about installing the Hotbodies racing oversized air scoops but i need to do something for a turn signal. Hotbodies maked the oversized air scoops wit the smoke signals but i can't find a pic and don't know how visible they will be.

my ? is, has anyone tried to install the gsxr 1000 mirrors with the turn signal onto a busa.

I can deal with any connection issues, i'm curious if the mounting is the same.

anyone try this
anyone install the OS air scoops or have any experiance with them?

I did.
I had to make my own mounts.
I like the look and streamlining of the mirrors.
I can send you the template for the mounts if you like.
They are welded and polished aluminum, easy to do.
They are nice and wide and nice and high - easy to see behind you.
Some guys use Honda Mirrors - bolt right on and look good to.
Ask and they may post a pic.

Do you have a link to those scoops?

Attachments

• Mirrors.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,583
336_sub_1-street_bodywork-suzuki-2008-09-hayabusa.jpg

what honda mirrors. (mk. mod.year) are u talking the ones with the signal like in your pic.

Last edited:
Brother...don't do anything with those scoops until you talk to me. I'll give you the 'inside' info direct from HBR.

PM sent.

The mirrors your thinking of are off of a Honda XX Blackbird. They do look damn good on the bike too.

well the thread is four pages long. I didn't post this in an attempt to spam or advertise another board. The thread does have additional valuable information for anyone who's interested in reading through it. I'm not going to pick n choose what I feel is relevant or not for people on this board to read.

I have no objections if an admin wants to remove the link I posted if it's considered spam. :beerchug: We all know there are lots of other busa boards out on the net right?

Last edited:
Sorry everyone. I didn't know the link would send non-members of that board only to their main page. Since I'm a member there it brings me right to the thread that's discussing some of the details about the scoops first hand. It's over three pages long so I'm still not willing to paste all of it over here.

Some of the details were about people receiving their scoops with a note about the turn indicators coming later as a kit and some concerns people have had. My summation is there are some "rush to market" issues.

Last edited:
All right, ya'llz...the word's on the street...elsewhere, so..., here are my thoughts...

According to Roger Davis, President of Hot Bodies Racing (and my primary point of contact, there), they intend to recommend that the buyers of said scoops utilize the running lights (which flank the head-lamp) as their directionals. That having been said, I decided to forego the scoop mod on my bike. With no advertised/tested performance gain and the resultant disappearance of the directionals, it doesn't seem like much of an 'upgrade' to me. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Since the news seems to already have hit the streets, I can verify their struggle with the front signals integrating into the oversized ram air scoops. I can tell you, also, that there is no designed performance advantage in this (scoop) modification. If it turns out that there is a performance gain, it is secondary to appearance.

I like the guys at Hot Bodies a lot. Good folks...and they've taken good care of me. In return for their parts and installation (as many of you are aware), I have written an article for Rider's Review (regular contributor), November issue. After the editor sends me a PDF of the article, I'll upload it here.

Lastly, I urged Roger to review his decision (to not implement the lights with the scoops). This is a major item for them and the Gen2 'busa, possibly their best-selling, most significant part. Unfortunately, it seems as though they're 'rushing to market, and decimating the good will of their customers and in fact, jeopardizing their safety.

My review of their other parts does not address the scoop mod... To those other offerings, the scoop mod has no relevance.

Good luck, all.

scar -I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing this information with everyone. It's not bashing or negative to the product. This helps inform sonsumers which is really what alot of these posts are about :beerchug:

scar -I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing this information with everyone. It's not bashing or negative to the product. This helps inform sonsumers which is really what alot of these posts are about :beerchug:

Thanks, bro. And thanks for the information about what was going on elsewhere. I can do more good for more people by saying something...and I'm going to leave it at that.

Much obliged.

:beerchug:

I understand that this is an appearance mod more than a performance mod and I'm cool with that.

they intend to recommend that the buyers of said scoops utilize the running lights (which flank the head-lamp) as their directionals.
are they refering to the stock running light / turn signal?
thats why I was asking about the 1k mirrors with the running light / turn signal since the HBR OS scoops appears to remove the stock running light / turn signal.

Back