Anyone install oversized air scoops on Gen-II Busa?

pashnit

Donating Member
Site Sponsor
Registered
Anyone install oversized (aka monster) air scoops on their Gen-II busa (& got the pics to show)? Not so much interested in any performance gains (increased ram air flow?), but moreso this is an appearanc mod, and it may change way the busa looks .

Hot Bodies has a set available for $220 in several colors. This pic is actually pretty cool lookin' with those oversized suckage devices. Mean lookin! :bowdown:

hot_bodies_air_scoops.jpg

Yana Shiki is also coming out with their own version in about a week for $125. (sorry for sucky picture, all I can find)

Anybody bought a set of these, we need pics! :cheerleader:

air_scoop_busa_1.jpg

hot_bodies_air_scoops.jpg

air_scoop_busa_1.jpg

if i remove the 99 busa turn signals and extend the ram air .. will i gain some power ? is there e PRO mod for this a kit i can buy on ebay ?

OK, I have gotten several PM's about mine that I have installed. First off, I have not noticed an improvement nor have I noticed a decline in performance. I know there is a lot of heated debate on style, function, form and quality. I will tell you, I did the modification for style! I like how they look and I like how it cleans the bike up. I will throw something else out there that has gotten a lot of negative input. Pig Spotter II by STMachine. I replaced my stock elbow mirrors with the PSII and I love them. In a measured test of what I could see behind my bike, I now have over a 26' foot span behind me that I can see. This is well over a lane on each side of me rather then just my elbows. In addition, with the LED turn signals integrated into the mirrors, this negates the "upgrade" by HotBodies for the scoops for their turn signals. The scoops work, the turn signals don't. This is just my opinion and it works for me. Everyone has to be their own judge of what they like and are comfortable with.

Here are a couple of pics on the scoops and mirrors.

Take care,

Eric

DSC00655 (Small).JPG

DSC00654 (Small).JPG

DSC00683 (Small).JPG

DSC01490.jpg

OK, I have gotten several PM's about mine that I have installed. First off, I have not noticed an improvement nor have I noticed a decline in performance. I know there is a lot of heated debate on style, function, form and quality. I will tell you, I did the modification for style! I like how they look and I like how it cleans the bike up. I will throw something else out there that has gotten a lot of negative input. Pig Spotter II by STMachine. I replaced my stock elbow mirrors with the PSII and I love them. In a measured test of what I could see behind my bike, I now have over a 26' foot span behind me that I can see. This is well over a lane on each side of me rather then just my elbows. In addition, with the LED turn signals integrated into the mirrors, this negates the "upgrade" by HotBodies for the scoops for their turn signals. The scoops work, the turn signals don't. This is just my opinion and it works for me. Everyone has to be their own judge of what they like and are comfortable with.

Take care,

Eric

That looks real good Eric!
What exactly is involved with installing the scoops?
Are they Hot Bodies scoops?

Since I ordered the stock scoops from HotBodies which were the none painted for 180.00...I had my painter paint to match and it was a one for one replacement from stock. I will say that the HotBodies are a looser fit then the stock, but that was actually nice. If you have not taken off the stock pieces...they are a bit#h to pull off. Suzuki has those finned brackets on their tight. These went on smooth and when I put the rest of the fairing on...worked like a charm.

do the indicators light within the smoked scoop? it being a bit transparent? or do you fit them with the headlights?

A question I have for those who have purchased a "factory color match" version, how close is the color/metallic to the factory? I'm debating on ordering the Indy Blue set or just going with black...I'm not sure if the blue will be noticeably different being surrounded by the factory blue paint on the upper. Any observations/pics would be welcome.

I like the looks of these scoops, but have heard negs on the functionality they provide.

I googled this :: Yana Shiki is also coming out with their own version in about a week for $125

and they are now listed for $95 unpainted and $195 painted.

Thanks outlaw, I'll check into those, but I'm still wondering about the quality of the paint and how close it really is to the factory finish. I don't have to buy a set, then they be just off enough to draw attention instead of compliment the bike. Then I'd have to try to exchange them for a set of black scoops, which may be a challenge since HotBodies would claim "there's nothing wrong with them", although to me not being a true color/metallic match is something horribly wrong. I know it sounds like I'm being picky, and it's because I am. :laugh: If anyone has some of these, whether they are orange, red, or blue, I'm just wondering what you thought of the color once they were on the bike.

Just thought I'd let those who are wondering the same as I was about the color quality know what I found out...I finally got around to ordering a pair and talked to the guy at HotBodies, he was pretty honest and said it was more of a color match than an actual color/kandy/metallic match and that most customer's usually go with black to avoid color irregularities, or unpainted if a custom paint job is being done. Takes around 4 days on shipping from FedEx, so hopefully by this weekend!

Last edited:

Take care,

Eric
Dr E, the Pig Spotters look great, are the LED included with HotBody air scoops supposed to work within the headlight? Did the pig spotters need any additional "stuff" due to change in voltage/power for LED lights? Where did you get the "smoked" headlight cover?:thumbsup:

Back