rear fender mod

trevor

Registered
I dicided to chop off my rear mud flap with a recip saw the other day. I figured it was the only way I would make myself find the time to mod it!
I think it turned out pretty good. I made a license plate bracket and mounted the signals to it also. What do you think?

summer 2009 016.jpg

summer 2009 020.jpg

Ill try to get some better pics but my camera wasn't taking very good pics. These were the only two that turned out.

Thanks. It was kinda scary task to start....If you mess up you're in trouble. I really like that I can retain the stock brakelight assembly,(which matches the red on the bike) while still losing that big o'le mud flap.

Thanks. It was kinda scary task to start....If you mess up you're in trouble. I really like that I can retain the stock brakelight assembly,(which matches the red on the bike) while still losing that big o'le mud flap.

You think thats scary, Wait until you decide you need a Aftermarket Undertail.
Cut / Cut / Cut / Cut

You're right!... gotta like the free mods. Espesially these days. It only cost me the signal lights. I made the plate bracket from some old metal laying around the garage. Oh yeah, plus some black paint for the bracket. I don't think I want an undertail kit, there's just a little more satisfaction and appriciation that comes with fab work. I would probably sing a different tune if I screwed it up!
Thankyou everyone for the positive response. I will still try to post some better pics.:thumbsup:

you can use a little torch heat on the ruff edges from the cut and it will smooth them over, be gentle and not to much heat though:beerchug:

and unlike me... you kept your whole trunk!!! i lost about 1/3 of mine when i switched over, but but the time i realized it it was already too late... plus i was saw happy LOL

Back