Really bad situation

If the pump is getting power and priming but not getting fuel to the injectors, it's bad, or the lines are kinked. I've had a nightmare with kinked lines. But if you try to start it with the tank up, there is almost a 0% chance the lines will kink then, so if it still won't start then, you likely have a bad pump or a clogged filter in there.

Only other thing I can think of is to check and make sure the injectors are getting their appropriate voltage with the key on. Lol and I'm with Ludicrous, if you searched 99-00 and fuel pump, every thread talks about how problematic they are.

yes problem is solved bought an aftermarket pump so instaed of 42psi at 79 lph i bought one that was 43.5psi and 93 lph.

We figured if you knew they had problems clogging, you knew the pumps were problematic as well:whistle:

thats the thing i didnt know they had problems clogging or that would have been the first thing i would have gone for. after a deeper search i started finding threads about the crappy pumps after i had ordered one. thanks though smarty pants :lol:

thats the thing i didnt know they had problems clogging or that would have been the first thing i would have gone for. after a deeper search i started finding threads about the crappy pumps after i had ordered one. thanks though smarty pants :lol:

Thats how i knew the pump was bad. gas tank up with no kinks in the lines and no fuel spraying from the injectors.

So new pump is in and still no fuel from the injectors. Am i overlooking something is there a way to check the tip over sensor?

Last edited:
Alright so i checked tip over sensor and replaced it with one i know is good with no luck. Kickstand switch is good checked that with another one also. Whatelse could possibly stop the pump from getting fuel to the injectors.

Are the injectors getting power?

I think something is hooked up incorrectly. Vacuum, connectors, something is backwards or something.

...I think something is hooked up incorrectly...

i have to echo this.

when you turn the key on the fuel pump primes. this pressurizes the fuel rail. the ecu triggers the injectors.

you DO have fuel to the injectors? yes?

the most probable issue is that you have something crossed, or not connected. retrace your steps.

Im not sure if the injectors are getting power never checked them. only thing unhooked where the plugs from the airbox tip over sensor injectors and fuel pump and it all plugged back in the correct way.

pump primes so there has to be fuel to the injectors correct? ive retraced my steps several times and havent found anything different. what would stop the injectors from from spraying fuel?

I took apart the fuel pump on my '99 to check and clean the fuel filter. I replaced all the o-rings and put it back together, and it would not start either. I used quick start to get it started, and repeated the quick start several times. Each time, the bike would run a few seconds longer. I think there is air in the system which needs to be purged. Try spraying the quick start in thru the air cleaner with everything else assembles and see if this works. Worked for me. Good luck...

Wait a minute so your telling me the pressure from the fuel wont push the air out? now that you say the the bike acts like it wants to start and sputters for a second but wont catch. ill give that a try.

Back