05 Busa No Start

clintw1988

Registered
Hey Everbody,

Have an 05 Busa that won't start, seems like a fuel problem, I just can't narrow it down. Looking for some help.

Here is a list of what ive done so far:

Replaced blown 10A Fuse for fuel system
New fuel pump, strainer and pressure regulator
Rusty tank cleaned and sealed
Cleaned fuel rail
New injectors
New plugs
Bypassed tip over switch
Replaced battery

The guy before me eliminated the kickstand switch. The bike cranks and will start with starter fluid. Fuel pump primes. If I remove the fuel line at the pump, fuel pours out. Pulled the rail with injectors still connected and they do not spray fuel. I got this bike in pretty poor condition after the owner stopped riding it and left it in a driveway uncovered and exposed to the elements. Here in SW Florida, its not the best idea. I have yet to get it to run.

I would love some help, thanks.

@clintw1988
All of that good for sure. How was the tip over switch by pass done? The ECU still needs a signal from the switch in order to fire the injectors.The ECU thinks the bike has fallen over. By-passed kickstand switches are not a good idea either.Just my 2 cents...and yes,I can make change,
Rubb.

@clintw1988
All of that good for sure. How was the tip over switch by pass done? The ECU still needs a signal from the switch in order to fire the injectors.The ECU thinks the bike has fallen over. By-passed kickstand switches are not a good idea either.Just my 2 cents...and yes,I can make change,
Rubb.
Thanks for replying. I did the bypass with 62k ohm resistor, which was something I found on this forum I believe. This may not be correct, but I am pretty much just trying to eliminate the causes and then I can add the safety features back in after I get it running.

Have you checked for signal at the injector loom when cranking? Meaning is the ecu sending power to the injectors when ya crank?

I have not, I don't have a test light. Guess I have to go get one. The more I think about it, the more this seems like I'm not getting signal to the injectors.

Got a multimeter. Do you know the amperage draw in that circut? The voltage measuring side is only fused for 400mA. The other side is fused for 10A but I think you can only measure amperage on that side.

yup signal and voltage needs to be confirmed. i was alarmed with the blown fuse too. Then i assumed he prob tried to start it with the old pump and it blew. i see he has changed out most of the fuel system which is good. I would check all the rest of the fuses as well too while your at it.

You said you pulled the fuel rail, and no spray, did you try cranking it over while the rail was off, No fuel till the the motor is turning over.
Also what is the voltage while cranking at the coils. Under 12volts, you will have a No spark condition

Okay, so I have had a couple days of not being able to work on the bike but got some time today. The epic conclusion below:

Got noid lights today and did the test, good on all injectors. So I'm pulling hair out at this point, but I did notice a couple injectors trying to spray some fuel. So pressure issue. Tore the pump down again and realized I'm an absolute moron. I replaced all the fuel system parts EXCEPT the actual fuel filter housing, which appears to be completely clogged up. I feel dumb, but I'm pretty sure thats the issue. Gonna either get a new one or mod this one out and put an external filter on. Thanks for all the help everyone and I will keep you posted as soon as I get it fixed.

Okay, so I have had a couple days of not being able to work on the bike but got some time today. The epic conclusion below:

Got noid lights today and did the test, good on all injectors. So I'm pulling hair out at this point, but I did notice a couple injectors trying to spray some fuel. So pressure issue. Tore the pump down again and realized I'm an absolute moron. I replaced all the fuel system parts EXCEPT the actual fuel filter housing, which appears to be completely clogged up. I feel dumb, but I'm pretty sure thats the issue. Gonna either get a new one or mod this one out and put an external filter on. Thanks for all the help everyone and I will keep you posted as soon as I get it fixed.
What did you use or where did you get the fuel filter/pump? I will need/want to replace mine within the next few years...

Got my fuel pump and pressure regulator from quantum. The external fuel filter mod I found here:

The replacement fuel filter assembly from revzilla is almost 300 bucks.

Back