Busa no start

mjizzle454

Registered
Ok how’s everybody doin today let’s c I have a 06 busa that will not start I have no spark
got fuel
changed spark plugs coils stator rectifier
still turning over do not hit
sprayed starting fluid in it still nothing an the battery is new can anyone get me to the next step

1BA5AA88-296F-420A-9D9B-89D0C06FE634.jpeg

You running any kind of Power Commander or anything else?

When was it ran last?

Did anything happen when it was running (did it sound odd or anything)?

There is something interrupting the power...is there any sort of an immobilizer on it?

I will repeat for the 100th time
Check the voltage AT THE COIL STICKS while cranking

When was it ran last?

Did anything happen when it was running (did it sound odd or anything)?

There is something interrupting the power...is there any sort of an immobilizer on it?
No nothing different but it sat up about 8months an I did find bite marks where I put the the black tape on the wire going to ecu an coil an it was one on the negative side going to tip over sensor

image.jpg

image.jpg

A8F7D64C-E2E4-4211-8CE7-69D6352656F4.jpeg

3A581212-5A6B-4ED2-B457-A66E6D968B8B.jpeg

No nothing different but it sat up about 8months an I did find bite marks where I put the the black tape on the wire going to ecu an coil an it was one on the negative side going to tip over sensor

View attachment 1632149

View attachment 1632150

View attachment 1632151

View attachment 1632152
Check all your wires to make sure one is chewed through...or grounding out due to the outer casing being chewed.

Make sure your battery leads and terminals are very clean, might be worth it to use a little emery paper on them.

I will repeat for the 100th time
Check the voltage AT THE COIL STICKS while cranking
I most definitely did

AND what was the reading?
If you are getting 12v ish

no codes? you should get spark
coils are simple 12v in
ECU controls grounding
check the 4 wires between the other side of the coil sticks and the correlating ECU terminals with the ECU unplugged next
Ok checkn an gettin new readings on the coil will the reading post different if I hook the battery up the charger while cranking

Check all your wires to make sure one is chewed through...or grounding out due to the outer casing being chewed.

Make sure your battery leads and terminals are very clean, might be worth it to use a little emery paper on them.
Nothing is ate thru but a couple are skinn back on the ground side

Nothing is ate thru but a couple are skinn back on the ground side
If the ground wires to the coils are exposed thru the insulation to the copper wire, AND if the exposed wire is touching a ground(frame, engine etc) they may be shorting to ground and therefore having no ground switching at the coil, this is a possible cause of the problem but unlikely to be causing all 4 coils to stop spark at the plugs.

Back