Really bad situation

busamo

Registered
I searched threads upon threads with some luck but now its bad for me. First things first my son has a 99 and it was running really sluggish so i changed plugs (The bike has k&n and yoshi lets get that out the way) checked air filter with no luck. So i said screw it dealership here i come.( Remember im in a small town in Nebraska) So i head over to the harley shop (they sell busas and zx14s) thinking they could help me. I tell the service manager my problem and he ask if i have a pc and im like no. He proceeds to tell me he cant help me with out one. Im like i have the same setup on my 04 for almost a year and it runs like a champ and with a straight face he tells me i am going to burn it up. I laugh and leave the store on my busa thats about to burn up. Anyways, i go home hit the forum and find a solution to the bogging and hesitation to my sons bike. I pull the fuel pump and injectors with fuel rail and start cleaning everything it was some build up in the screens. I get it all clean and put back together and add fuel. What the heck now it wont start at all. What could have possibly went wrong with this for it not to start at all? my sons bday is the up coming weekend and we were going to do a father son ride all day on saturday so i begging you guys to please help me shine some light on this.

i rechecked everything and the fuel is priming it didnt buzz before but it does now. plugs for the injector harness and the air box are all connected.

check spark see if your getting spark if spark pull an injector and see if your getting fuel if your getting fuel it could be a compression problem.. im personally thinking its a fuel delivery issue .... remember all motors have to go suck squeeze bang boom

Did you put airbox back on and hook the sensor up on the back of airbox to hose off throttle body?

Did you remove tank by chance to do this?

Alright i checked some more last night before bed and im getting good spark but no fuel to the injectors.The pump is going but nothing is coming from the injectors. After trying to start you can feel the pump humming for a split second. I put 4gallons of gas back in the fuel tank after i put it all back together so i know the fuel is in the tank.

Have you checked the codes to see if anything comes up? You have checked ALL hoses and connections? Not being smart, but kick stand up, in neutral?

yeah i checked everything and everything is connected. lol kick stand is down with bike in neutral. could the tip over switch cause the pump not to run

yeah i checked everything and everything is connected. lol kick stand is down with bike in neutral. could the tip over switch cause the pump not to run

Yes it could, make sure the bracket is still attached to the frame and the switch attached to the bracket.

Im getting no gas from the injectors at all! I sprayed a lil fuel into each throttle body and the bike started up and ran for a few seconds. That right there tells me no fuel at all being supplied to the injectors. the only thing i can think of thats out of place is when my son and i were taking the tank off he didnt unplug the tip over switch and it slipped out of where the plugs connect. I checked them and the connector and wires seem fine.

Check for the tip over sensor being where it belongs, and what about the little petcock on the tank. Is it on? The external pump tanks had these..

I'm starting to think you need to look at the fuel pump / fuel lines and make sure everything is in order. Best of luck.

The 99 and 2000 are known for having clogged fuel pumps!

im starting to think its clogged myself. it was running took apart cleaned and now im not getting any fuel to the injectors at all.:banghead:

im starting to think its clogged myself. it was running took apart cleaned and now im not getting any fuel to the injectors at all.:banghead:

i have a 99 and my fuel pump relay went out and also one of the previous responses about the tip over switch is correct. if it is bad the bike will not run. make sure ur gas lines are correct and not pinched when letting the tank down.

did the wires come out the plug on the tip over switch and you just put them back? maybe you crossed them if you did..

well everybody forgot to tell me that the 99 and 00 busa had a horrible fuel pump problem. found out it wasnt pumping but it was humming. so pump is on the way

Back