Random pic thread.

blusmbl I like the b&w version.

Nice images outofmyway. Be aware some of the moderators may take issue with some of these.

GSXcite I'm so jealous! I've been wanting to find one of those to shoot for so long!

Last edited:
Are you serious, what issues would the mods have? I own a swimwear company and these are just commercial photos used in publication.

It was just a heads-up. I don't have a problem with any of them, and neither will most here. There are a few members who have very conservative views though, and they can be as easily offended as they are vocal.

I noticed you seemed relatively new, so I thought I'd share that some may consider these very close to crossing the line.

I also got the impression from most of the "non-wife" photos that the business was a strip club. Forgive me, but I guess the poses, heavy makeup, and backgrounds led me to think that. I guess there's not many beaches in Atlanta though? :laugh:

Last edited:
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.:laugh:

It was just a heads-up. I don't have a problem with any of them, and neither will most here. There are a few members who have very conservative views though, and they can be as easily offended as they are vocal.

I noticed you seemed relatively new, so I thought I'd share that some may consider these very close to crossing the line.

they are PERFECTLY OK!!!! KEEP EM' COMING!!!:cheerleader:

Random pic thread isn't cart blanch to post up pics that you know would not be allowed in any other thread.

I understand what you mean about the Pine Beetles. I lived in Vail from 1992-1996. The beetles weren't even recognized then. Then I moved back in 1999 and lived there until 2003. When I left they had begun to show quite a bit of damage. The town was unsure what to do to control them. I can only imagine what kind of path they have laid waste to by now :duh:

By the way....if you ever get a chance to ride Rt. 6 to Leadville in the summer on a motorcycle....whooo boy! Now that's a treat! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Just be aware of the occasional gravel spots.

:D

The Vail area is still okay, for the most part. Dillon has been devastated by them, though. The drive up from Denver looks noticeably different now. A good 60% of the trees you see are now brown, and they've cleared huge sections out already. Supposedly they can kill a healthy pine tree in less than 3 months.

I'm bummed, I brought my 550 Honda out with me back in August, but somebody else had it in their trailer and one of the straps broke. It fell over and cracked one of the end caps for the valve cover that also plugged an oil galley so I couldn't ride it. That road, along with Rt 9 up past Breck, over Hoosier Pass, and into South Park is also the stuff street motorcycle dreams are made of. :D

Next year, for sure.

Any idea how tough it is to get a couple thousand people to carry on about their business when you set a camera on a tripod? I think this is my twelfth attempt to get the shot I wanted without someone walking up and standing still while staring at me.

Keep moving...nothing to see here.

From Madrid, Spain:
4077629075_569bc4b229_b.jpg

:D

The Vail area is still okay, for the most part. Dillon has been devastated by them, though. The drive up from Denver looks noticeably different now. A good 60% of the trees you see are now brown, and they've cleared huge sections out already. Supposedly they can kill a healthy pine tree in less than 3 months.

I'm bummed, I brought my 550 Honda out with me back in August, but somebody else had it in their trailer and one of the straps broke. It fell over and cracked one of the end caps for the valve cover that also plugged an oil galley so I couldn't ride it. That road, along with Rt 9 up past Breck, over Hoosier Pass, and into South Park is also the stuff street motorcycle dreams are made of. :D

Next year, for sure.

Sorry to hear about your Hoonda :banghead:

I may be back out that way by next year. We should keep in touch :beerchug:

The lights in the sky are landing lights of aircraft on final approach. In this photo there are three aircraft visible on arrival.
4135862263_7f67e29d7b_o.jpg

Any idea how tough it is to get a couple thousand people to carry on about their business when you set a camera on a tripod? I think this is my twelfth attempt to get the shot I wanted without someone walking up and standing still while staring at me.

Keep moving...nothing to see here.

From Madrid, Spain:
4077629075_569bc4b229_b.jpg

These pics are taken with a longer shutter speed for that effect. Its the same with the waterfall pic you had earlier right.

That's correct. Madrid was a little less than a one second exposure. Any more and the people become invisible. Any less and it just looks like bad photography.

The waterfall was an eight second exposure.

What is the easiest way to get lightning pics? The waterfall pic is truly amazing.

Are you asking about artificial light or ambient? Increasing your iso setting and/or aperture will increase sensitivity and allow for more light to enter. But noise will begin to creep in at high iso setting depending on the type of camera you have.

Lightning is a subject I don't have any pictures of yet. I suspect I'd try to shoot it in a manner similar to fireworks. I'd set the shutter to bulb mode, cover the lense with something I could easily remove, then trip the shutter - leaving it open while waiting for lightning. Once the show starts, I'd uncover the front of the lense.

Back