I really want a new Busa, but,

ditchdr

Registered
I have also been looking into the dual sport bikes as well. really like the DR650. I am not gonna do a cross the desert ride in Mexico or anyhting, but I think it would be to col to make it into a over sized motard bike. I do enjoy going off road and since my CR250 is not a street bike this would be a better option.

Reason is, I am selling off my of my bikes. trying to get down to 3 bikes I would ride on a regular basis. I will be keeping my Triumph Bonneville America, gettign at least a 1000cc sport bike and looking at the on/off road bikes..

So does anyhting here have one? I have done some work a a few seems pretty solid bikes. Anyone know any good/bad points on them?

I had a KLR250 back in the early 90's. I put about 20K miles on that thing. Its was in the air MUCH higher that it ever should have been many times! I dont ever remember checking the oil in that thing, let alone changing it! I would recomend the KLR line if you want something indesructable!

I have had 2 KLR650's. Great bikes, they are kinda of like the Busa's legacy in where as they haven't changed much over the years. They are inexpensive, dependable, can take a beating and are fun as all get out. Mind you that they wont be performing any major moto-x action but great for getting out in the sticks and goofing off.

hog1.JPG

lurk.gif
something about being able to drive down the road and being able to easily go off road any moment turns me on
beerchug.gif

We have a group of guys here that all ride DRs.... they are a lot of fun. We even have one guy that is under 5 ft tall and he hops up on that thing and hauls Arse.

These guys ride 100's of miles a day and I have never heard them talk about having to do a lot of work on them. They changed out tires and sprocket(?) and put a power commander on them. You can check the group out at Gulf Coast Sportbikes on Yahoo Groups. These are a bunch of good guys. The "leader" Rickey even teaches the MSF course on base (he is retired military too)

I noticed the other night that the headlight on the DR looks a LOT like the headlight on the B-King.

I might consider a DR if I ever go that route... but I think I would end with a B-King first.

We have a group of guys here that all ride DRs.... they are a lot of fun. We even have one guy that is under 5 ft tall and he hops up on that thing and hauls Arse.

These guys ride 100's of miles a day and I have never heard them talk about having to do a lot of work on them. They changed out tires and sprocket(?) and put a power commander on them. You can check the group out at Gulf Coast Sportbikes on Yahoo Groups. These are a bunch of good guys. The "leader" Rickey even teaches the MSF course on base (he is retired military too)

I noticed the other night that the headlight on the DR looks a LOT like the headlight on the B-King.

I might consider a DR if I ever go that route... but I think I would end with a B-King first.
I'll be lQQking for a pink Tard to destroy, U know how I roll on Tards
whistling.gif
rofl.gif

I looked at the BMW's but man they are pricey.. I will look into the KLR some more to be honest I did not see a 650 from them last I looked.. I just want to be able to hit the woods and go camping with out having to load up the truck.

have you looked at the Honda XR650L? mines a 1993 model and its really hasnt changed at all over the years. i had DOT dirt tires on it for a couple of years and rode MX tracks, forrest trails and commuted no problems. i still ride it to work 60mile round trip when the busa is low on fuel. tons of performance mods for it. it works for me.

bone

I looked at the BMW's but man they are pricey.. I will look into the KLR some more to be honest I did not see a 650 from them last I looked.. I just want to be able to hit the woods and go camping with out having to load up the truck.
I just happened to be at the BMW dealer today (is also our Suzuki dealer) and they have a big lineup of dual sport machines... sorry I did not see prices but sure had some nice stuff..

The BMW I was looking at was in the 13K price range.. GS1200 I think. Nice bike, but I am not gonna drop that kind of coin or a bike I would be doing a lot of adventure ridding on.

yeah I want a new busa too but just kinda think I'd not ride the current one if I got a new one... now this one might be a possibility. Its still suzuki and its bread from the busa, but gets me into the cruiser category which I think I want to balance the busa
cool.gif
Yeah I know opposite direction of your dual sport
laugh.gif

m109orange.jpg

Can I do the length of Baja on a Busa? If not, Im thinking a cheap KLR is in my future. Moving back to SoCal soon, Cabo the hard way seems to be calling me.

IM starting to admire all of the new jap power cruisers. They look so modern compared to Milwalkee ones, but alas, Im not a cruiser guy yet.

Back