raised the rear 1 inch

...use a jack to lift the rear wheel off the ground and you should be able to take the bolts off and install the new ones, using the jack to align the holes with the new bones...
This is the part I'm not sure about. Did they jack up the swingarm (I doubt it) or the frame? They didn't use a regular swingarm stand, did they?

I assume the front wheel was locked in some sort of wheel chock and they jacked up under the bike near the swingarm pivot. Does that sound right?

Also, what have you found regarding the rumor that raising the rear induces wheelies? (That doesn't sound right, but who knows?)
I can't confirm where exactly the jack point was, but i would guess it was on the frame since the swingarm has to be free for that operation. As for locking the front wheel, it was not. The bike rests on 3 points (sidestand, jack and front wheel) so it should be stable... Plus the rear is only lifted about an inch in the air so i doubt even if your jack was to let go, that it would be critical (the wheel is not removed anyway).

For wheelies i haven't been able to check if there is an effect or not, i had my GF onboard most of the milleage i've done with the new setup so far...

I installed a set of lowering links on my girlfriends cbr f4i. I just leaned it on the kick stand when needed to unload the suspension. You deffinatly need two people. One to lean and support and the other down low to remove and install the links.

(BusaCruise @ Sep. 24 2005,18:25) just so that we are clear....the "extra leg room" that you gained is from the seat to the ground.....and not from the seat to the foot pegs.
the rear sub frame does not pivot with against the main chassis....only the swingarm does...so the only additional clearance is gained against those parts that move.  
rock.gif
Dang...that is one bad sniping...you not missing anything are you?
biggrin.gif

_Zef

Great job on getting the +1 raise. I do not know your level of riding experience, but as far as the weight on your wrist will depend on your riding posture. I had bad riding habbit at first but afew trck day lessons changes that really quick, so now it is not an issue. However , the bike is not the same and if your not ready for it she will surprise you(good and bad). So take some time getting use to the new performance charateristics. buy the way putting on a pilot power 2ct 195/55 with the raise is hell-a-fun.

(1badasbusa @ Sep. 26 2005,18:54) I installed a set of lowering links on my girlfriends cbr f4i. I just leaned it on the kick stand when needed to unload the suspension. You deffinatly need two people. One to lean and support and the other down low to remove and install the links.
WHAT!! No F-n way bro,you need to support the knuckle with a jack otherwise the entirframe will bottom out once you remove the links,not that you would even get the pin out doing it your way,not with a Busa anyway.I just raised mine and inch from -3" to -2" and it seems a bit high now,I cant imagine what +1 inch looks and feels like??

Just be careful guys... Mine fell off the jack after I'd removed the old 'bones! Luckily my neighbour was nearby. It was much easier to ignore trying to jack it up... I just lifted and held the rear of the bike while he slipped the bolts through the new links.
I would recommend either suspending the rear of the bike from the ceiling or find some knucklehead to help you!!!

This is a new breed, a hybrid zombie!!! It's back from the dead TWICE!!! Run and hide because there's no killing a hybrid zombie, it just won't die!

ive just ordered some 20mm dog bones

raising the rear on a blackbird and a 12r works a treat too but just a 3-4mm shim for them.

you need one of these Motorcycle Stands - Abba Stands, UK

plus mine has a centre stand too but the above stand is a keeper and works on all bikes Top Kit

Back