when lowering with 6 inch extentions on

birdaprey

Registered
for those of you with extended swingarms on the busa,
what hole is the best to use when lowering the rear, while using a  top gun undertail?   (I dont want to rub the bottom with the tire)
by the way the front will only be lowered 3/4 inch.
also I saw some where that if the bike is streched 6+ that the 3rd hole only lowers the bike 2 inchs is this about right?  if so would the 2nd hole only lower it 1 inch?      thanks...
1zhelp.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121618161 -->

What kind of tail do you have on? DOnt know why buy when your stretch your lowering changes like links that would lower a bike 3 inches on a stock are only lower it 2 inches on a extended are so id go to the last hole and watch the speed bumps

Depending on your size, dont go past the second hole or you will rub the undertail. 6" longer moves your tire to the place on your undertail that is not recessed as much......

hehehe.. oh gosh.. I've got the nastiest comment.. but no.. .I shall refrain..

birdaprey,

When I extended my swingarm, my dogbones were in the #2 hole, but at the same time, my rear shock was set pretty soft. DO NOT PUT IT IN HOLE #3 NO MATTER WHAT!! I acted hastily and moved back up to the #1 hole which raises the bike a little. I then adjusted the damper on the rear shock to stiffen the rear a little. Try stiffening the rear shock a little first and see how is the ride and how well it handles some small bumps at a relatively slow speed. If it touches, then simply raise it a little by putting the dogbones in the #1 hole. And now that I've raised the rear slightly, it doesn't rub even with a passenger (mind you that I weigh about 275lbs and I'm 6'5"...). One other added benefit of raising it with a small stretch is that it handles a whole lot better in the twisties.
wink.gif

birdaprey,

When I extended my swingarm, my dogbones were in the #2 hole,   I acted hastily and moved back up to the #1 hole which raises the bike a little.  I then adjusted the damper on the rear shock to stiffen the rear a little.
bacharles,   your bike is around a 4 inch stretch right?
if your in the #1 hole, isn't that the stock position?
if the stretch raised the bike up just a tad, then it seems like the #2 hole would  bring the bike back to around normal height? (maybe 1 inch lower) and if the #1 hole was the stock bones height then is your bike setting a little higher in the rear than when it was stock? (due to the stretch)  is this correct?  (by the way are you lowered in the front at all?)

just wanted to let you know your new paint looks great?  but you need to chage the color of the bra... (hee! hee!)  

wink.gif
   ( as if you haven't be told that once to many times by now?  
AAAssjani.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121681561 -->

My bike is 6 over, I'm 6'6, weigh about 275. I took a Dremel to the inside of my undertail (stock) cuz it rubbed on the 2nd hole. My bike sits about 1-1/2" lower in the rear, but with me on it I got about 2" of ground clearance. I've not tried the 3rd hole, I think it'll be too low...
In the pic the front's not strapped and the rear is on the middle hole.

Carsbikes_051ltl.JPG

Mr. Brown,
is the front lowered at all in the photo?  looks lower than a normal busa up front

bike looks great! (what kind of arm is that)

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121782494 -->

I think the forks have been internally lowered, but I bought it like that so I'm not 100%. The guy I bought it from wasn't the most knowledgeable guy when it came to bikes.......
The arm is stock with welded C&S Custom 0-6" extensions and chromed.

1 1/2 lowered in front and back 6 in extended and the fairing scraps when turning hard right handers and the header scrapes when turning in the twisties to the left.
Straight line it is fine but with the 6 inch over swingarm the third hole might not be street rideable, at least not on mine unless every road has no dips or bumps.

Back