Raised handlebars

mark1400

Registered
hello all, just joined the forum so I thought I would share my latest modification.

I have had my Hayabusa two years but just couldn't enjoy the bike because of the riding position... I am 54 years old and have had two slipped discs, broken all my fingers and thumbs and wrists.... But I love the bike and No other bike will do.

I tried a genmar with helibars and it was much better but still very painful especially on my neck.

So I fitted a new yoke plus 3 1/2 inch risers plus renthal high bars and wow what a difference... I'm going touring Scotland in a few weeks and really looking forward to it.
Here's a few pictures
20180414_151702.jpg

20180414_151715.jpg
20180414_151726.jpg
20180414_151739.jpg

excuse the Kawasaki keyring I know it's disgraceful lol.

Not drinking going to help , I don't drink either . 290lb is getting big bro , I have been 138 kg , and when I was riding around that race track in '16 , I was 134 kg . Now I am 113kg bare ass , still cant exercise much as of now , but shrunk my gut a bit .
Well mate , get on your bike , and you might have some motivation for positive action . Not easy to lose weight , the older you get , but you know about boxing fitness , so you know what to do to slim down .
Best to be as positive about yourself and your situation , we all got to re - evaluate at times , gather ourselves for the mission , plan our attack and work through whatever comes our way . I don't know any of us personally , but I do know we share the guts to ride and enjoy motorcycles , and that takes a certain persona , a rare depth not at all commonly found in our societies , so take strength from that my sisters and brothers , and be happy and get it done . :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not drinking going to help , I don't drink either . 290lb is getting big bro , I have been 138 kg , and when I was riding around that race track in '16 , I was 134 kg . Now I am 113kg bare ass , still cant exercise much , but shrunk my gut a bit now . Well mate , get on your bike , and you might have some motivation for positive action . Not easy to lose weight , the older you get , but you know about boxing fitness , so you know what to do to slim down .
they used to make me weigh in to spar with the light heavies.... lol... how funny is that? now nobody would need to weigh me.... I'm winded putting on my socks,

ill get back at it though... I loved the sparring... hated the cardio... even when I was in shape... its pointless to me and the roadwork tears up ure knees... I see it in every good fighter... most notably roy jones....ruined him... then with the sparring I got headaches... bad ones... day after. ahhh well..... I FEEL good.. not an ache or lingering pain anywhere... but I feel the weight... ill fix it soon.... its all new to me all this weight... I don't see myself as a fat bastard.. as weird as that sounds.

Yeah , when I was 138kg , I felt like I was a big fella , not huge though , but got out of the shower and saw my fat ass naked ... and man , that was motivation , and yeah , I was huge !! :eek:
Your still young enough to get it under control , do whatever it takes , without endangering yourself of course , and change your exercise to enjoyable levels and eat good bro . Do it for yourself , at your own pace .

Back on topic, what did you have to change out to get the bars like that. Considering something similar with mine. Assume longer brake and clutch lines, but how long, and what about the wiring?

The OP hasn't been here since May.
Spiegler makes a top clamp, with +2", +3" ss brake/clutch lines. No wire splicing needed at that length. Mulitple bar brand and bends available too.
I had one on my gen2.
Same thing with less rise.
C10 is the only other currently active member I know with a Spiegler kit.
We both have several posts on it if the search feature will find them.

Back