Brake lines etc with Bar Risers

skinnyone

Registered
Sorry for the bringing up the topic again, but i did do a search and couldn't find the answer.

For those Gen I riders with GENMAR and Helibar risers, and problems with cable, hose, and wire lengths? or can re-routing and sdjustments fix this?

I'm running the Helibars at the moment and love them, but need more lift. A 300+ mile day hurts the thottle hand and takes a few days to recover from. I was thinking about running the GENMAR 1 1/4" risers with the Helibars, but don't have a clue where to pick up extended lines.

Thanks for the help!

Sweet. any issues with the bars hitting the fairing?

There can be. I have 1" risers on my 08, that's as far as the cables will reach, and the master cylinder barely misses the windshield.
There are several ways, a new top clamp, and handlebars that pull back towards you more. Pashnit can get you all cables/lines to whatever length you need, they aren't a problem. It's how much you wanna spend. I want to move mine back and up more too.
PM Tony Nitros, he has several bikes and a Busa with upright bars. He has some cool parts, and links to several bar setups.

If you turn your heli bars back towards you, you can probably clear the windshield with the 1 1/4" risers. The bars will be about the same height, but them being 1 1/2" closer makes a big difference in comfort.

You'll need to search some of the old threads. If I remember correctly helibars and 3/4" genmar will work with the stock stuff but it is tight. You need clutch brake hoses a bit longer to go with helis and 1-1/4" genmar. 1-2" over. Depending on the windscreen you have, you may have to do some trimming.

Cycle Brakes and Pashnit posted some sales on lines. They can get longer lengths.

My risers where originally 1 1/2" and the cables where all about to there limits, but they all worked fine and weren't stretched too far. I cut them down to 1" to clear the windshield.

Tony Nitros posted these up another thread. Expensive, but on my list.
ausfr.com

GSX1300R_08_CK.jpg

Everything you ever wanted to know about Helibar/Genmar/GenII

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...efinitive-answer-k8-genmar-riser-helibar.html

Bottom line, the 3/4 riser with Helibar fits, but anything more than that will require new lines and cause problems with your screen. Made a BIG difference in my riding comfort until I had a little time for my body to adjust. In June i rode a stock GENII for 4 days pretty straight and could handle it.

Everything you ever wanted to know about Helibar/Genmar/GenII

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...efinitive-answer-k8-genmar-riser-helibar.html

Bottom line, the 3/4 riser with Helibar fits, but anything more than that will require new lines and cause problems with your screen. Made a BIG difference in my riding comfort until I had a little time for my body to adjust. In June i rode a stock GENII for 4 days pretty straight and could handle it.

I was just showing him for ideas, he has a Gen1

Keith, those are handy pics to get a good visual going.

Skinny, the gist of it is you've got about an inch to work with. After that, it's likely best to spring from some braided lines that are overlength to your specifications. Especially if you double-down and go GenMar + Heli-Bars.

If you opt to go with overlength lines to make your setup work, the EZ buy now is here:

:easy:Galfer Brake Lines, Wave Rotors & Brake Pads: Buy Now | Pashnit Moto

Two more of the heli-bar setup...

hayabusa_ajay1.jpg

hayabusa_ajay2.jpg

hayabusa_ajay1.jpg

hayabusa_ajay2.jpg

If you turn your heli bars back towards you, you can probably clear the windshield with the 1 1/4" risers. The bars will be about the same height, but them being 1 1/2" closer makes a big difference in comfort.

Hello all,

I'm very close to getting a new Busa - my current ride is a B-King.

I plan to go for the ABM kit, as I want to make my Busa a dedicated sport tourer.

However, before I do, I will try helibars and the smaller of the 2 spacers under the bars as skydvr has done.

My question is this - can the helibars be rotated back to maximise their rearward position. Height can be fixed with a bigger spacer - the 1 and a half inches of potential pull back offered by the Helibars is very tempting....

Hello all,

I'm very close to getting a new Busa - my current ride is a B-King.

I plan to go for the ABM kit, as I want to make my Busa a dedicated sport tourer.

However, before I do, I will try helibars and the smaller of the 2 spacers under the bars as skydvr has done.

My question is this - can the helibars be rotated back to maximise their rearward position. Height can be fixed with a bigger spacer - the 1 and a half inches of potential pull back offered by the Helibars is very tempting....

They can, but with stock brake and clutch master cylinders, they are limited as to how far they will go.

Troppo - the helibar site has a chart that will tell you if you need extended brake lines when they are added to a bike. Generally speaking, Helibars only added to stock bike can still utilize the stock brake lines.

However, as soon as you go more than 1" up or back - you should also calculate new braided lines into your mod budget.

You are doubling up on the mods: riser + helibars = new extended brake lines.

Super simple buy now for overlength brake lines - few clicks and done.
Galfer Brake Lines, Wave Rotors & Brake Pads: Buy Now | Pashnit Moto
:easy:

As I understand it, there are quite a few that have mounted the Heli-bars and .75 Genmar risers without having to increase the length of hoses.

My risers and Heli-bars are still in a box in the basement though as I have not had time to install them.

I have the Genmar 1 1/4" risers and had to install longer lines. The front wheel was hanging from the stock lines if I lifted the front end off the ground. Not good for wheelies.

Back