Radical new tyre design by Michelin

gurrera

Registered
See Through Tyres - Radical New Tyre Design Photographs

tweel-1.jpg
Found this on the inernet.
Gurrera

tweel-1.jpg

They've been working on that for a few years...can't go flat.

I heard they were taking a long time on the release because the tire companies would lose so many future sales.

Bet they are going to be a pretty penny

They use them on Bobcats now, they havent figured out how to reduce the noise from them. Cool concept, but a never flat tire does wear out. Wonder what they cost.

i saw a pic of these on a military hummer..... i wonder if they could make bike tires with this same tech....

Is the rubber outer replaceable? If not, those things are not going to be a good bargain :laugh:

they have been designing that for over a decade, the tire doesnt handle lateral g's very well and in high heat climates like arizona etc they actually become weak and flex too much and they dont work at all in a muddy or slippery climate... they have found way too many negatives... including the fact they are over 4 times more expensive oh and on anything with any kind of toque they spin on the rims lol

they have been designing that for over a decade, the tire doesnt handle lateral g's very well and in high heat climates like arizona etc they actually become weak and flex too much and they dont work at all in a muddy or slippery climate... they have found way too many negatives... including the fact they are over 4 times more expensive oh and on anything with any kind of toque they spin on the rims lol

btw it was on hot rod tv or one of the car shows, they say its the design of the future and is the next change like the belted radial... just going to take a few years to get right

Back