Michelin 2CT RECALL!

Tango1300

Registered
PARIS, June 15 (Reuters) - French tyre group Michelin (MICP.PA: Quote, Profile , Research) said on Friday it was recalling some 68,000 motorbike tyres after finding a possible defect in their tread due to a manufacturing fault.

The company said it would recall the Pilot Power 2CT and Pilot Power 120/70 ZR 17 front motorcycle tyres. A Michelin spokeswoman said the recall would affect tyres sold in 40 countries in north America and Europe.

Michelin added no accidents had occured as a result of the fault

wow.gif
...aw-shiyaaaaat! I have 2 brand new sets of PP 2cTs in my garage.......

Thanks for the heads up.

Found this on the UK site

Michelin has launched a campaign to recall its Pilot Power 2CT and Pilot Power 120/70 ZR 17 front motorcycle tyres with “Made in Franceâ€￾ markings. An examination of these tyres showed a possible defect in the tread due to a manufacturing irregularity. No cases of pressure loss have been reported and no accidents have occurred.

Because customer safety is its primary concern, Michelin has decided as a precaution to replace certain 120/70 ZR 17 Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and Michelin Pilot Power front tyres, which can be identified by the following markings on the sidewall:

a “Made in Franceâ€￾ label
DOT 6UCW 980T or DOT 6UCW 979T
These tyres will no longer be sold by dealers.

Just called the dealership, they are Michelin dealers and told me to call back Monday. They didn't know about it.
SHOCKED.gif

ices_rofl.gif

I'm glad michelin had the koohans to recall them instead of waiting for someone to die.
beerchug.gif

And of course my freshly installed front is DOT 6UCW 980T. 200 miles on it.

I think I`ll run for a couple of month before I`ll let them replace it for free.

Got 400 miles on my track bikes front "made in France" tire.
We've been running high pressure in them (31-32 PSI) because they have been cold tearing even at high ambient temperature. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Back