Michelin 2CT.......

delboy

God save the Queen.......
Donating Member
Registered
So the old bridgestone rear is now worn out in 2400 miles, as the front has about 5K its time to try the PP 2CT's. Rang the tyre man, sorry sir all the Michelin front tyres have been recall, why is that I ask, not sure sir but they have been recalled. I am off to Assen on the 27th to watch Gods ride motorbikes, and as its a 1000 mile trip I need some tyres. So what have you got then mate, sir, best bet at the moment is Pirelli Diablo III. Do you do a 190-55 profile rear, yes sir, OK pick them up Friday.

Q1. Any of you guys know of a problem with Michelin fronts  
rock.gif

Q2. Any of you guys running 190-55 PD III rear
beerchug.gif

Release date: June 15, 2007 GREENVILLE, S.C. --

Downloads
text

SafetyRecall61507.doc
Michelin has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Transport Canada that it is recalling Michelin® Pilot® Power 2CT and Pilot® Power 120/70 ZR 17 (58W) front motorcycle tires with the "Made in France" markings in the United States and Canada. This recall involves these specific tires only and has no impact on any other Michelin tires. Related actions are under way in other countries.

An examination of these tires showed a possible defect in the tread due to a manufacturing irregularity. No cases of pressure loss have been reported and no accidents have occurred.

Because rider safety is the primary concern, Michelin has decided as a precaution to replace the 120/70 ZR 17 (58W) Michelin Pilot Power 2CT and Michelin Pilot Power front tires, which can be identified by the following markings on the sidewall:

a "Made in France" label
DOT 6UCW 980T or DOT 6UCW 979T
Any consumer in the United States or Canada who believes they are affected by the recall should not wait to receive notification but should call Michelin Consumer Relations at 1 866 324 2835.

The company will be replacing all potentially affected tires in a comprehensive commitment to retrieve from the market any tire that does not meet Michelin quality standards. Replacement tires are available at no cost (including mounting and balancing) to consumers through participating Michelin® motorcycle tire servicing retailers.

Back