Michelin 2CT RECALL!

I got one. I wonder if the wobble is true.
Others have mentioned a line that show after being scrubbed. Almost a separating line between the two compounds?

When I had it mounted a month ago the dealer said they had a heck of a time balancing it. (recomended wheel bearings which I had them do)

what bout that line? Mine rear have that line, I thought that I scrubbed the tire somewhere.
But they didn`t recalled rears. My front was dead balanced, not a single weight required. And i did it myself so I know it`s balanced.

(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 16 2007,11:27) what bout that line? Mine rear have that line, I thought that I scrubbed the tire somewhere.
But they didn`t recalled rears. My front was dead balanced, not a single weight required. And i did it myself so I know it`s balanced.
That line must be pretty common Vic..

My recent PP take off has it, and I just looked at a buddies tire this morning..he has the same line. I don't think it is anything to worry about..

(mjn @ Jun. 17 2007,11:19)
(Vic_E55_2001 @ Jun. 16 2007,11:27) what bout that line? Mine rear have that line, I thought that I scrubbed the tire somewhere.
That line must be pretty common Vic..

My recent PP take off has it, and I just looked at a buddies tire this morning..he has the same line.    I don't think it is anything to worry about..
Here's my PP2CT rear...2k miles on it!

PP2CTRearWear1.JPG

eek2.gif
And all this time I thought I was CRAZY!!!! I've gone through 2 sets thinking I was doing something wrong! The front tires are messed up for sure!

I can't seem to find the DOT info or "made in" info on the tire. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

BTW, the phone number provided for inquiry doesn't appear to work.

I have PP's on the Busa and PP 2ct's on the R1 track machine. I DO NOT have the lines on any tire but both fronts are on the recall list.
FWIW:  I've been told by several people (prior to this recall) that Michelins' are known to have a highly variable balancing profile. Some require NO weights while others need boat anchors.
FWIW part II: The Pirelli's appear to have the most homogenous profile for balancing, probably due to they're single fixture molding process.

I had a major line on my last PP rear tire and it was not a ct. I thought it was from breaking the rear loose when cold. I also have a bunch of weights
sad.gif

My Wife has 7000 on her front - & it is recalled - yeah

Mine is recalled too, but I only have 1000 miles - got to get a few more before a freebie.
beerchug.gif

Apparently it is a bead issue, slow leak possible. - Mine are fine check before each ride.

(MPH 200 @ Jun. 18 2007,08:08) Apparently it is a bead issue, slow leak possible. - Mine are fine check before each ride.
What is your source on this statement? It it`s just a slow leak I wouldn`t bother, checking pressure before each ride anyway.

I can confirm loss of air pressure while sitting in the garage for a couple weeks in-between track days. Seems fine while the tires are in the hot segment of the thermal cycle. I thought it was a bad valve core and replaced it, to no avail.

Here is a photo of the purported tire failure problem. Remember this is the Interweb and everything is FWIW. Also, the latest hearsay is that ALL PP tires made in France with the 979T and 980T ID will be recalled...front and REAR. I smell a tire shortage in the works.

tyremw2.jpg

Got in touch with Aiken Motorcycle, they're calling Michelin and will call me back. They never heard of it. So to the Firestone Comment, I guess if it weren't for the oRg no one would know about this recall either.
SHOCKED.gif

(dadofthree @ Jun. 18 2007,23:56) Got in touch with Aiken Motorcycle, they're calling Michelin and will call me back. They never heard of it. So to the Firestone Comment, I guess if it weren't for the oRg no one would know about this recall either.  
SHOCKED.gif
<span style='color:orangered'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'><marquee>All Hail the ORG!!!!!
bowdown.gif
</marquee></span></span>

Back