Ok, yet another tyre question ...

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I just ordered a set of pilot powers, seeming they have been recommended highly here in the forums for tread life and maneuverability.

I noticed on Michelins web site that the sports are recommended. Is there really all that big of a difference? I ride on the weekends and also commute a good ways, but all on the freeway.

I also noticed the compound on the tyres was soft, "really" soft, almost like i could dig it out with my fingernail, but I'm guessing that's just because of the silicon content and won't affect the durability much. Is there any safety reasons I may want to go with a sport instead of a power, for instance speed and weight? They all appeared to be Z rated anyway.

Sorry for all the noob questions, just new to all this tyre business. And for around $350 for the pair, I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

first off:  Tire Express  $350 is way too much.

I've run both powers and sports(differnt bikes tho), both are very good tires. Life is about the seems about same on both of them (5K on the VFR and 4K on the BUS) and scraping hard bits is no problem with either.  Its hard to compare because I had them on different bikes but the powers seem to be slighly easier to heat up although I havent had the sports on my busa, I went through about 6 pairs on my VFR tho.

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146088447 -->

Are you from the uk
rock.gif
?

I just put Powers on my bike and got them from the dealer for,
Rear 154.00
Front 109.00
plus 45 for mounting and balance.

I really like them.

pilot powers 217.00 for the pair. chesterfield valley power sports in st louis mo.636-449-1500. they ship also..

Back