R1 track report from today

Hey Vman, how would you rank the R-1 as an "all around bike" ? I LOVE the look , and feel to them, I just never REALLY rode one. I rode my boy's 06 aniv. edit., but you know what it's like riding someone else's bike. The last thing you want to do is beat it up, espeacialy with them right next to you on your bike !!!!

Why can't I be rich ? I want every bike I see on here !! I do think my next bike is going to be a Gixxer 1k, R-1, or a ZX-10. It might be a little while because I want to keep my Busa.

. If ya get a chance read a article by Aaron Frank called "Yamihaulin"...great piece of reading......
Will do, thanks !!

"Cancer smancer, bro....."     How are you doing now ? I see you're living life to it's fullest !! You truly are an INSPIRATION !!!  
boxing.gif

So glad you got to do your track day Kevin!!! Sorry about the spill, but hey, a bad day at the track is better than no day at the track at all, right? That's what I've heard others say anyway
tounge.gif

bowdown.gif

So many of us are so glad to hear that you are doing great! Want to hear more about that bike! What does the full mods list include?
beerchug.gif

So glad you got to do your track day Kevin!!!  Sorry about the spill, but hey, a bad day at the track is better than no day at the track at all, right?  That's what I've heard others say anyway
tounge.gif

bowdown.gif
It was ALOT of fun...... The R1 is so impressive at high speed. I should be getting the machine taken apart and ready for the track body work this week.

What does the full mods list include?
beerchug.gif
Well lets see:

Akrapovic Full Titanium Evolution exhaust
PCIII with a custom Lees map
BMC race filter
Graves stacks
Graves smog block of plates
Graves frame sliders
Graves clutch slider
Pazzo levers
Galfer lines
BPD Quickshifter
DP racing front pads
AK20 cartridge kit in front forks from Traxxion Dynamics
Penske double rear shock
both set up for my weight and track duty

I posted the dyno pull a week or so ago, even with a race tire that soaks up 5 or so hp on the dyno it still made 158 and change.

I have Attack racing body work in the paint shop. It will be full blue with stock decals and instead of Yamaha at the bottom, it will have LIVESTRONG.

Man oh man, I am jealous! I am gonna get a track bike one of these days, once kids, houses, cages, wives, etc., stop interfering with my rampant spending habits.
thumb_up.gif

Glad you didn't get hurt Kevin.. What a rush, a 10 on the fun o meter I bet..
bowdown.gif

live strong I like that..
thumb_up.gif

Man oh man, I am jealous!  I am gonna get a track bike one of these days, once kids, houses, cages, wives, etc., stop interfering with my rampant spending habits.
thumb_up.gif
I ordered up the items I need to make it track worthy again....less than $20.00
super.gif

Keep in mind I already had a spare screen.....

I hit a patch of oil from a previous crash in a race last year & I went down along w/ 5 others. It happened so fast, had no idea.

I hit a patch of oil from a previous crash in a race last year& I went down along w/ 5 others. It happened so fast, had no idea.
That is exactly how mine happened.....one second fine, the next on my butt....

I have ben riding on race tires for many years and I know even with warmers, it does take some time to get heat in them...had to be something there.

I should be getting the machine taken apart and ready for the track body work this week.
eeeeewwwwlllll !!! WE'RE getting more stuff done to OUR bike ? Just so you know, I've decided that since I can't afford to get an R-1 right now, I'm just going to live through you, LOL. SOOOO....I can't wait to see the new plastics you're getting FOR US !!!
winkold.gif
jump9.gif

I should be getting the machine taken apart and ready for the track body work this week.
eeeeewwwwlllll !!! WE'RE getting more stuff done to OUR bike ? Just so you know, I've decided that since I can't afford to get an R-1 right now, I'm just going to live through you, LOL. SOOOO....I can't wait to see the new plastics you're getting FOR US !!!  
winkold.gif

jump9.gif
Yep...hopefully I will get started this week.

Back