First track day on the 'Busa

IG.

Registered
Finally, I took this baby to the track (Pocono International Raceway, PA). It's a pretty tight track. Busa's gearing quite too tall for that.

First session was crappy. Nothing felt right - first track day of the season, new bike. But, as sessions went by, it got better and bettter. And, the last session was just perfect. Everything clicked. Smooth, and easy.

Here are a few shots.

Being chased by faster folks...

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084374028 -->

Sequence_4.gif

Sweet pics Igor...I see you were leading the liter bikes LOL.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084373995 -->

Great great great, IG!! I love hearing about and seeing Busa's on the track. Sure, it's not the BEST track bike, but tracks and fun and the busa is definitely fun on a track! keep the pics coming

Very cool....Nice pics!!

Hey Hawaii....Reg Pridmore's school is coming to Sears Point this year...they will do a beginners open track if you want to get that busa on the track.....

..NICE GOING!..
smile.gif

My first track experience will occur end of May - a full four day course! ..hope that I will remember only good things after that..

I am A BIT worried..

smile.gif
Nice shots, IG... thanks for sharing~ The Busa may be out of it's eliment on the track to some, but it is loads of fun! I had mine on a small track, just to get a feel of what it's like~ Now I can't wait to get it on a real track~ We have Jennings a few hours away from here~ I'm gonna get 'er out there... one of these days~
wink.gif

Thanks for nice comments, guys. It was a blast! I am taking baby steps only. Getting used to the bike. Staying in my comfort zone which I think is the key. Speed/lean come later. If you push too soon, ugly things can happen quickly.

After all, it's all about being one with the machine, being in the zone, and enjoying it. Not being scared and wondering whether you gonna make the corner.

Lap times? What is this? Who cares?
rock.gif
biggrin.gif

Take a look at my avatar -- that was taken at Pocono East (one of the infiend road courses at Pocono), I think in the same turn your first one was taken. Also by racedayphoto.com, as it turns out.

Track days are the greatest, everyone. You're nuts if (like me) you ride to track days and then prep the bike in the pit, but it can be done if you (like me) don't have a trailer handy. You get to go fast, turn hard, and not go to jail. Excellent.

Everyone should do track days. C'mon, you don't have to shell out $2k for Kieth Code including a rental bike, you can do $150 for reduc or NESBA and even get some coaching on instructional days. Way, way fun.

There is nothing like riding on a track - no cars, no on coming traffic, no cops, no speed limits - you can just concentrate on your riding. By the way - Keith Code is only $300 with your own bike and $600 if you ride one of their race preped 600's. I like floggin their bike instead of my own and I have learned ALOT in the process!

Kent

Take a look at my avatar -- that was taken at Pocono East (one of the infiend road courses at Pocono), I think in the same turn your first one was taken. Also by racedayphoto.com, as it turns out.

Track days are the greatest, everyone. You're nuts if (like me) you ride to track days and then prep the bike in the pit, but it can be done if you (like me) don't have a trailer handy. You get to go fast, turn hard, and not go to jail. Excellent.

Everyone should do track days. C'mon, you don't have to shell out $2k for Kieth Code including a rental bike, you can do $150 for reduc or NESBA and even get some coaching on instructional days. Way, way fun.
+1 on that. And yes, it's the same turn.

Actually, not much prep work - take off mirrors, tape all lenses (masking tape works great), and disconnect all lights (I installed headlight switch, and tail quick-disconnect - so that all of 10 sec), take off throttle lock, and I am good to go. Yeah - take off saddlebags as well.

<!--EDIT|IG.
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084463117 -->

..NICE GOING!..  
smile.gif

My first track experience will occur end of May - a full four day course!    ..hope that I will remember only good things after that..  

I am A BIT worried..
Don't worry. Just stay in your comfort zone, be smooth, and keep riding. The rest will come.

Back