Quick... convince me not to buy an R1!

Im getting an R1 as well.    
smile.gif
Sweet me too, do you have an 04 on order, and do you frequent r1-forum.com?

I fit just a tad better on the R1 than I do on the GSXR.  Of course, at 6'3" / 230 lbs, I find the Busa most comfortable of the three.
Unless ALL you live for is knee dragging track/twisty riding.... Get the busa. I am 6'4" /235. I came over from a literbike just cuz of the comfort and carring the wifey with me. The 1Ks just cant do that well. So far, haven't found an R1 that can toast me in the twisties, but I know I will find some eventually...

Twisties and wheelies are the ONLY categories that the R1 can out do the busa in. IMHO

The Hayabusa is the long established" King of the road".If the R1 is so great why do they have to keep on improving it?

Well, I'm going to be putting my deposit on the Busa after all. To those of you who made innocent jokes or honest suggestions as to why the Busa might be the best choice... thanks! You're help is greatly appreciated.

To those of you who insisted on being mean, hostile, and/or childish because someone dared to even consider a bike other than the almighty Hayabusa... BITE ME!
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I know your main reason on buying a busa was my

I'm Rick James Bitc$ post... wasn't it?  Come on tell the truth!!
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077630626 -->

Congradulations are in order then .
You will not be dissappointed with your decision.
When I finnally got mine after drooling over it for years and took it out for my first spin, I felt that they had made this wonderful bike with me in mind.

I know your main reason on buying a busa was my

I'm Rick James Bitc$ post... wasn't it?  Come on tell the truth!!
laugh.gif
Even tho I had no idea what you were talking about (i'm one of the few people in America w/o cable TV)... it was definitely what convinced me!

Tire "SuperFreak" Smoke

<!--EDIT|Tiresmoke
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077636078 -->

Comfortable, versatile, and unique. No matter how long you own it you'll always get a thrill when heading towards it for a ride, and there will always be a tinge of sadness when you have to park it in the evenings. Buying a busa isn't about owning a bike, its about starting and building a relationship. The busa becomes a part of you and a reflection of your soul. It is what you are. Its color irepresents the armour that warriors wear into battle. Its power and stability represent the lionheartedness, dependablity, and sturdness one finds in the great kings of legend. Its agility and handling are reminiscent of the great hunting cats or hunters prowling for its next prey. Its speed --well what can I say... its the stuff that legends are made of and record books record.

But you know why I ride a busa.... because kids and adults still need heroes and the sense of adventure. And whenever you're rolling on a busa my friend you can see the awe, inspiration, and the desire to be "YOU" on the faces of the people you blow by ...... especially those on R1's
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|dezzy7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077634265 -->

FYI, if you are worried about the handling of a busa, here is a $25.00 change that we greatly improve that:  Shorten your Dogg Bones (Rear Shock Mount Linkage) by 1 inch and it will raise your rear by 1 inch and bring the back wheel in an inch thus changing your rake without loosing your high speed stabiltity.  I've done this and went to the Sportech M1's which is shaped taller than the stock tires that will let you lean over quick and easier.  Yes an R1 may take the tight twisties easier than a stock busa, but with a $1500 to $3000 in upgrades (Wheels 15-25 lbs less weight not taking into effect the rotating mass loss and Exhaust 20 to 40 lbs) then you will have a monster on your hands.

Good choice TSmoke...hell, I like 'em so much I just bought my second one for no reason other than a change of color. The literbike wars will rage on endlessly, but the 'busa will always be different...maybe not quicker, lighter, more agile, blah blah blah, but always something that sets you apart from the rest of the crowd. Congrats!!

Sorry to say this but after you get your Busa and get used to it, your T/A will be just like any other car to you. I was heavily involved with cars/racin' but after I got my first bike I just look at cars for transportation in bad weather. Trust me it'll happen. Maybe I'll see you or even line up with you some time. Front and Oregon, or the airport/industrial park. Good luck with your new ride, it gets to be quite consuming. Be safe.

my buddie has an r1 and i take rides on it often enough there fast but to light for me there pretty squirlly on the road and seam like they require a little more work to ride then the busa the busa is a lot more comfortable and stable feeling at any speed not to mention the raw power of the busa over the R1s revy motor

Sorry to say this but after you get your Busa and get used to it, your T/A will be just like any other car to you. I was heavily involved with cars/racin' but after I got my first bike I just look at cars for transportation in bad weather. Trust me it'll happen. Maybe I'll see you or even line up with you some time. Front and Oregon, or the airport/industrial park. Good luck with your new ride, it gets to be quite consuming. Be safe.
That is no joke... I had my hopped up 71' Plymouth A body, with a 340, Edlebrock performer, Holly 750 DBLPmpr, head work, camed, 3000RPM Stall, blah blah blah. I used to get real happy about my 13.6 1/4 at Bandameer speedway...

All my money and effort went into tricking that thing out... Until I got my first street bike. Suddenly my "Hot Rod" was just gas guzzling transportation. I still loved it and kept it clean, but it was quick anymore and it just got used when I needed to take more than one person somewhere...

Get the one you like best.  AT 8500 you are paying a little less than dealer cost for the R1, but like these guys said, with the 04 comin out you can get 03's cheap as dirt.

Considerations
twisties = R1
big sweepers=busa
Drags = busa
comfort= busa
wheelies=R1
smooth ride = busa
brakes= R1
long distance=busa
sound=busa
gauges=R1
ease of use= busa
fun=both in their own ways
BIGBORE NITROUS INJECTED CARBON FIBER BUSA WITH RIMS, BREMBOS AND OHLINS....

twisties = R1 MAYBE...
big sweepers=busa
Drags = busa
comfort= busa
wheelies=busa
smooth ride = busa
brakes= bua
long distance=busa
sound=busa
gauges=busa (r1 doesnt peg 180 tach in 5th gear)
ease of use= busa
fun=both in their own ways

point im making, YOU CAN ONLY MOD AN R1 A LITTLE, THE BUSA IS WIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN FOR TURBOS, BIG BORE, NITROUS, AND A WHOOOOOLE BUNCH A OTHER poop...

Well, I'm going to be putting my deposit on the Busa after all.  To those of you who made innocent jokes or honest suggestions as to why the Busa might be the best choice... thanks!  You're help is greatly appreciated.

To those of you who insisted on being mean, hostile, and/or childish because someone dared to even consider a bike other than the almighty Hayabusa... BITE ME!  
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
tounge.gif
Sooo uhhh Tiresmoke.. which category did I fall under? Sometimes I get confused as to if I am being childish, mean, sincere or all three...

Congrats on the buy...

If I did offend you not intended, I just can tell you from personal experience, I have been riding for over 20 years, when it was time to trade in my old bike and get a new one I started looking at the Katana, then I even eyed the GSXR a few times, ended up getting the Busa not so much because I had done a lot of research or anything, or even asked allot of questions.. I just saw it, I sat on it and I knew that was what I wanted.

Now that I have it I am thankful everyday that the Busa is what I bought, I think if I would have bought anything else.. for me.. It just wouldn't have been the same.

It is kind of like my service in the Marines, and I don't mean any disrespect to any other branches by this, but I went into the toughest boot camp around, worked in one of the most demanding environments, given little to work with often, but expected to accomplish anything given to me.

The Marines teach you to overcome and adapt to any situation and any environment, you are trained and taught to accomplish the mission regardless of what it takes, and as a Marine, you very seldom fail, and that is because you are a Marine....As a Marine you don’t make excuses why you cant do something.. you just fricken do it. There are no excuses. There is no "I cant do something" you just do it, you just accomplish the mission.

I know this sounds really off track and off subject, but I am glad I went into the Marine Corps and not any other branch of service, every branch has its job to do and they are all important and the over all security of our country is because of ALL the branches of the military...

But for me.. I have the Pride in knowing I was a United States Marine.... And with the Busa, I have the pride in knowing I have the fastest fricken stock motorcycle around.

With all other bikes people can argue to which bike is faster, and you often do see people arguing, the funny thing about my Busa, when people are arguing about their bikes, I just chirp and say "yeah, well your bike cant even come close to touching mine" and what are the responses? snide looks, but no comments. The Busa is in a class by itself. And pretty much everyone knows it.

Congrats on your decision to buy the Busa.. I think once you have it and you ride it, you will understand.... Like I did.. I didn't fully understand until I owned it and rode it for awhile.

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Nah... it takes a lot to offend me. Although I do wonder what RSD meant by saying that getting an R1 might suit me.
wink.gif

BTW, posting in white was purely accidental.

Back