03 Anniversary Model:  To buy or not to buy

spook 1

Registered
I have an opportunity to purchase a new 03 Annivesary model Hayabusa. The dealer wants $9300 for the bike, without tax, but all other costs included. He will sell me an 04 for $9600, same deal. I like the blacked out frame and can live with the orange color of the 03 as the 04 colors leave me cold..... My questions to the board is: Is the $9300 price decent? Are there any mechanical changes to the 04 to lust after? Thanks for your input. I need to let the dealer know today if I will be doing business with him. Spook.

No changes from 03 to 04. And anyway 30th Orange is the hottest color out there (smile).

Sounds like a decent deal but you might be able to do better. I would suspect that the dealer is holding out for someone who really wants a new 30th and will pay whatever. For a "last year's model" I would expect to pay no more than that or a little less perhaps.

Thanks for the reply. I offered him 9K cash and he turned it down, claiming that 9300 was his cost and he wasn't going to lose money on the bike. How much BS that is I am not sure. The fit and finish on this particular bike seems better than the 04 models I inspected. Again, I appreciate the reply, but am about to walk on the deal, due to his failure to bend on the price. I will most likely then regret that decision! Oh well. Spook.

Being in MN, my guess is that your riding season hasn't kicked into full gear yet. I would bet that he sells this bike at the $9300 in the next month or two. I would also bet that he knows it.

My opinion is that you shouldn't pick nits over a couple hundred bucks. If you really want a new one and the '04's don't do it for you, get it. If you think that you could live with another color, then don't.

You might still be able to find a few other leftovers in other colors.

Besides... what's wrong with the Blue & Silver '04?
wink.gif

I just think the blue and silver looks dated. Just my opinion. Liked the all black, and the grey and silver. Don't like the new red or the purple and black. Just my eye. No flaming of anyone elses choices. Spook.

UPDATE!!!! Just got off the phone with another local dealer. He has an 03 in the crate (anniversary model) and just sold it to me for $8750 with a free initial service!!! There is a God! Can't wait for the other dealer to call me and asking me to poop or get off the pot!! Thanks for the replies. Spook...

Sounds like a great Easter present! I know you will enjoy it and welcome to the board!

$9,300.00 for a left over 2003 Anniversary Hayabusa isn't a bad price but they might go lower when it keeps sitting around and costing them money. I just bought a 2003 Anniversary model a couple of months ago so the price that they are quoting is a little less than what I paid for mine.

Opps! Didn't catch the post that you found another dealer to sell you one for under 9K. I am very sure that the dealer cost on this cycle is less than $9,000, so the price you got it for is excellent. Have fun with it.

Congrats on the 40th. You will love her like I do mine. All Busa's look great but I like the Orange the most. I paid way to much for mine last year to get it in the first week it was out but I have no regrets. Anyways, you have a Busa now. Send me a PM if you would like to hook up sometime with Sledhead and me.

Paul

Thanks Guys. I pick up the bike on Sat. It is supposed to be in the 40's but what the hey, no snow around here means time to ride. Now I have to start making a wish list of stuff to do to the bike, like double bubble, exhaust (I'd like black, 4-2), just as I promised myself to keep this one "stock" Like that will happen. Thanks again for the replys and offer to ride. I'll be in touch when I get the bike in the garage. Spook

Good deal. Love to hear from another happy 03 Anniverary owner. My wife and I liked the color so much that I just couldn't live without it after I saw the first one. I had a good deal going on a tricked out used one but the guy backed out of the deal when I tryed to give him the cash. I lucked out and found a new left over a few days later at a dealer in my State. Anybody out there have an idea on how many 03 Anniversary models Suzuki made? I heard about 3000 and they were only sold in the United States but don't know if this is really true or not.

Hi! This is my very first post on any forum. You will love your 40th anniversary edition Busa!! Just wait till you get it in the Sun, parked at a coffee shop sippin some java after a nice fast .... fast.... i'm sorry, did I mention..... FAST ride. I actually get more compliments on how "pretty" it is than the reputation of the big 1300 cc's. YO! Copper Busa..... How's the ole car??? Are you still up for a ride? I checked out 191 and it sure is tempting! Can you guess who this is??? Give me a call if you like and we'll go riding. Sorry for that sidetrack- Anyway, the 40th anniversary ed. is definately an attention getter and very pretty to admire after a fresh finish of the Meguiare's 3 step clean, polish, wax system. Have fun and be safe! Cops don't give tickets for doing 190 in a 55! (I need to remind myself of that!) Cheers!
newbie.gif

I moved the delivery to tomorrow, as snow is forecast for Sat. Got love living in an icebox! Anyway, thanks for the support. See you on the road. Spook

I love my anniversary edition. I paid $9600 out the door last year so I was really glad to hear that you got such a good deal on yours. Congrats. You're gonna love it.

Back