Quick... convince me not to buy an R1!

I fit just a tad better on the R1 than I do on the GSXR. Of course, at 6'3" / 230 lbs, I find the Busa most comfortable of the three.

well, since i have ridden both the busa (i owe one! hoorah!) and a '03 R1, one thing i am certain of. I would NEVER EVER get an R1. for multiple reasons:

when i rode the r1, i had a cbr 600 f4, and damn, besided the r1's power and it's front brake everything else felt worse than my cbr.

comfort? r1? lol! you serious?
stability? :pPPPpppp think twice
rear brake? locks every single time you use it
looks.... hmph.... i like it's tail, but hey, you comparing this to the haya?

as i said it has lots of power. although not as powerful as the haya, it kinda acts like it's more powerful. that's because of its short distance of its wheels (sorry, can't recall the correct english term). the result is that the bike wheelies easily and gives this... 'light' feeling. that it has no weight. well, along with this comes the instability factor which sux!...

let alone that the haya can burn in pieces the r1. acceleration, tops, whatever..

the r1 was said to be beter in turning. well, dunno, i could scratch my pegs with the cbr, i can do this with my haya after riding it for less than 1000km so far, but the r1 didn't make feel safe to do so...

what i hear ofter is that the hayabusa doesn't match my age. what are they thinking? that it's not 'playable' enough? damn they are wrong! i enjoy the twisties a lot, i wheelie whenever i want, i can do whatever i want.. plus.. i have the busa. the bike killer. damn, with the r1 you'll stop outside the cafe's nothing will happen. but when with the hayabusa, you KNOW you have the best of what's out there. you'll be proud of it. it's not the same thing stopping with a 170kg small, compact thingie and stopping with a 215kg huge, horizon-hiding monster!

haya is best in all factors if you ask me... oh, and if you are so damn crazy about the r1... get a gsxr as someone else already mentioned. no match of it's power, turning, whatever. ;)

With your size you'll definitly like the Busa alot more. I think the R1 is a great looking bike but there head-shake-heaven at anything over 130. Btw, are you buying from Yamaha City or Phila. Cycle center on Castor Ave?

no twisties in Philly, youll love the Busa on the Prkway or turnpike:cool:[/QUOTE]

Havoc there are many great roads a few miles up North from Philly.

Oh yeah, you don't expect to win races on Front st. and Oregon on Sunday nights with a R1 do ya?  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077576595 -->

if u get an r1 you'll probably be able 2get n2 more races. last sat i couldnt get anyone to run the Busa. at least with an r1 your giving everyone else a good chance of kicking your ass
wow.gif

the only way i would by an r1 is if i got it DIRT cheap and got to use it as a project bike
or a second bike even then i still would want a gixxer or cbr

Dude there is one reason and ONE reason alone you should not get the R1...........

because.......................

I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH!!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I fit just a tad better on the R1 than I do on the GSXR.  Of course, at 6'3" / 230 lbs, I find the Busa most comfortable of the three.
OK you definitely need a Busa, You will actually fit! I dunno if you have spent any time on an R1 but they are diminutive...

It felt pretty tight when I was sitting on it, and you are two inches taller...

I'm 5'10" and 180 lbs.... I tried a friends R1 and found it to be WAY to cramped for me... I actually tried alot of different bikes 600's to 1200's... Even went to some dealers and tried out a few during the Manufacturers test ride days..
I decided on the BUSA by sitting on it in the back of the dealership when they were assembling it!! they had to SET the seat in place so I could swing a leg over! That's ALL it took and I signed on the dotted line MINUTES later!!!

GO FOR THE BUSA!!!

<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'><span style='color:blue'>You only live once!!! BUSA,BUSA,BUSA</span></span>

Dude there is one reason and ONE reason alone you should not get the R1...........

because.......................

I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH!!  

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I musta missed sumfin....i gotta git oud more

laugh.gif

whoah... good thing I didn't say I was thinking of buying a Ducati instead.  
devil.gif

But I think I'm beginning to come down from my momentary lapse of judgement.
THE......I repeat....THE most important thing in this entire thread...NEVER NEVER EVER ...post in white . I dont fuggin care how big ya R...or R1 , for that matter....

postin in white....BLOWS .

nuff said....now go out an git that R1....I'm thinkin' it might suit you .

dont ask me why.....gut feeling....

Get the one you like best. AT 8500 you are paying a little less than dealer cost for the R1, but like these guys said, with the 04 comin out you can get 03's cheap as dirt.

Considerations
twisties = R1
big sweepers=busa
Drags = busa
comfort= busa
wheelies=R1
smooth ride = busa
brakes= R1
long distance=busa
sound=busa
gauges=R1
ease of use= busa