Quick... convince me not to buy an R1!

Tiresmoke

Registered
Argh... I was at the dealer to put down a deposit on an '04 blue/silver Busa for $9300 when I spied a leftover '03 R1 in silver for $8500. Now I'm torn!

I figure you fine folks would be able to talk some sense back into me... help me!
redcomprs2.gif
redcomprs2.gif
redcomprs2.gif

redcomprs2.gif

redcomprs2.gif

Busa good...Busa faster...Busa makes more heads turn...anyone can own an R1...hate the blinkers on an R1...you'll just pine for the Busa if you buy the R1...if you post pics of your R1 on here, we'll all just say "hey man, nice bike", but if you post pics of your Busa, we'll all compliment you on your choice and then tell you everything you need to do to it...tons of advice for free! What else could you want?

As for that same advice on your R1, and all you'll get is "get a Busa!"

Chant with me...busa, busa, busa...
tounge.gif

Busa good...Busa faster...Busa makes more heads turn...anyone can own an R1...hate the blinkers on an R1...you'll just pine for the Busa if you buy the R1...if you post pics of your R1 on here, we'll all just say "hey man, nice bike", but if you post pics of your Busa, we'll all compliment you on your choice and then tell you everything you need to do to it...tons of advice for free!  What else could you want?

As for that same advice on your R1, and all you'll get is "get a Busa!"

Chant with me...busa, busa, busa...
tounge.gif
busa busa busa.....

have fun looking at my taillight if you get the r1
wink.gif

You are asking Busa riders.
wow.gif
man what you thinking. You can find 03' Busas for less money then an 04' also you know.

<marquee><span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>WARNING MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ON INSURANCE</span></span></marquee>

I'm with Michelle^^^^^ Busa, Busa, Busa..Seriously though. I made the same choice. For the type of riding I want to do the Busa was the better choice. More stable. More powerful. Faster. Definiate head turner. Besides the first person to try to talk you into buying the Busa was a woman...wink wink. Come on now that has to speak for itself....lmao.

Hey Tiresmoke - if you buy an R1 we will have no other choice than to ban you from the board, I mean you might as well go buy a buell, or a V-rod or something.

Of course there will always be people in this world that will settle for second best. That is why they make the R1, for those people.

Busa or nuthin baby!!!!!

hows that? motivation? muah ha ha

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077562027 -->

R1 won't glide comfortably over 150mph
R1 won't haul a passenger effortlessly
R1 looks like everything else
Yamaha isn't spanking everyone one at the races and their technology trickles down... suzuki is
R1 is a one night adulterous affair full of fire quickly burned out when lust is turned to the next years model, busa is a long, slow comfortable mate that can still turn your head and fire your passion after years and years
R1 wants to be a Busa

When I was deciding, I went with the absolute best instead of something really great. I chose Busa over R1. But I'm thinking of getting an R1 for a second bike

If you were to purchase the "LEFT OVER" R1, not only would you get "LEFT BEHIND" by the members of this site. You would most surely suffer the fate of making a decision that was in "LEFT FIELD"! The consequences I'm sure LEAVE us wondering why you would ever consider sacrificing the "RIGHT" choice (a Busa).........
biggrin.gif

whoah... good thing I didn't say I was thinking of buying a Ducati instead.
devil.gif

But I think I'm beginning to come down from my momentary lapse of judgement.

Hey Tiresmoke - if you buy an R1 we will have no other choice than to ban you from the board, I mean you might as well go buy a buell, or a V-rod or something.
I agree with that one thrasher...

Speaking of which, I was stuck at the Harley dealership this past Saturday (yeah, remember, Harley husband...oh, and I was looking for some chrome nut covers for my triple tree cover)...anyway, I sat on a new Buell...hubby said "that's a pretty bike" and I started laughing...it looks like there's nothing there...I can look down and see the pavement...doesn't feel gutsy at all...and doesn't look nearly as nice...

Lot's of people are dumping the old R1 for the new '04 R1. You will be over paying for the '03 R1.

You need a Busa.:)

No Buying the 03 R1.... If your going to fall off the Busa Wagon at least get the new R1 or one of the other wonder Litre's.... ZX10 or CBR. Not an 03. The 04 looks sexy enough I have been tempted...

But you will be giving up a few things.

1. Long term Comfort.
2. Ability to actually carry a pillion without torturing them.
3. A little bit of uniqueness... There just aren't a whole lot of Busa's out there.
4. Ability to rocket away from a dead stop without having to sweat that front end.

However, with the 04 R1 anyway, you will be getting one of the sweetest looking bikes out there, and it will go fast and handle like a dream.... Just make certain your not much over 5'10" or so. Otherwise, with the R1 being as compact as it is you'll wind up looking like Grape Ape on a Tricycle...

Nothing beats the look and sometimes disbelief on peoples faces when the ask what kind of bike do you ride....and you say "Hayabusa!"

I like a lot of bikes but, I absolutely love the busa! Since owning one, I cannot even find another bike that I can feel comfortable that I would be happy with it entirely. The busa is another world and there is no other like it.

Back