Questions about stage 1 turbo kits quality

everyones stage one kits has the option of a small air filter to fit under the bodywork
Thats exactly right, but your system will flow more air if it runs a larger filter...Velocity uses extremely high quality parts you will not go wrong with them.

I have a velocity stage 1 kit on my busa with an external gate. I have no complaints about the kit whatsoever. Fits great, looks great and has taken my bike to an 8.37 @ 167 on a completely stock motor. Made 222whp on 5psi and 268 on 10psi on C16.

I wouldn't brag about making 268 rwhp at 10 psi...I made 20+ more hp on a hahn kit at the same boost level.

IMG_0761.jpg

filter definitely doesn't tuck on a 1k

IMG_0767.jpg

I have never personally seen a velocity kit that could fit the filter under your plastics.

that big filter is an option on the stage 1, it actually comes with a small like kinda triangle lookin filter to fit under bodywork

my bike made 461 hp / 280 ft*lbs with the filter inside the plastic. same one RCC uses.

Impressive! Do you know of any good install places here in MI? Great Lakes Power Sports is the nearest reputable place to me, but they charge a arm & leg for any work.

Where in MI are you? There is a guy Rick in garden city that does nice work, would out of his house, but he has done a lot of turbo installs etc, shoot me an email at greg@boostbysmith.com and I can set you up to talk with him if you like to see what he says.

Where in MI are you? There is a guy Rick in garden city that does nice work, would out of his house, but he has done a lot of turbo installs etc, shoot me an email at greg@boostbysmith.com and I can set you up to talk with him if you like to see what he says.

Thanks a lot for the reference, when I get the kit I will have to get in touch with him. I am from Flint, MI. I figure they are probably pretty pricey to have installed, does he do the dyno tune and everything, or install it then I would take it to have it tuned?

Not that bad for a basuc stage 1 install, base spacer or just stock compression? Stock compression is a pretty easy install.

Tuning wise i would go with RCC turbos a few hours to see him in canada, or a few hours over to ryan at schnitz racing.

NO need for a power commander if you have an 02-07 busa you can tune it with this ECU Flashing

That is really cool, I have never heard or seen one of those before.. They are quite a bit cheaper then a Power Commander and it looks like they do the same thing plus the advantage of a shift light. Are they a common application? I wonder if good bike shops know how to install it.

Both RCC and Schnitz have the capability :) They are quickly becoming the next hot thing LOL. Ignition advance/retard, bump up rev limiters, etc etc etc etc

That is really cool, I have never heard or seen one of those before.. They are quite a bit cheaper then a Power Commander and it looks like they do the same thing plus the advantage of a shift light. Are they a common application? I wonder if good bike shops know how to install it.

used power commander are super cheap and if you ever decide to remove the turbo, the power commander can be removed and included with the kit. Reflash your ecu and you will be sourcing a new ecu if you ever need to remove the kit.

Back