Questions about stage 1 turbo kits quality

Wow, I started this thread quite some time ago! I am still learning a lot by reading this though. Well for a update! I have since sold the 02 Busa I had originally started this thread for and got a 08. I have it in the shop right now doing a FULL engine/trans build & RCC stge 1 turbo kit. I'm not stretching bike but I am doing 19/40 sprockets. I believe smithabusa mentioned a guy named Rick, if that's the same guy near Livonia I believe he did the trans/motor build. I will post pics/dyno info as soon as I get it back. It should be back in my arms by the end of the month or early March :D. For a while, the SRP kit entered my options, but after lots all the things I read about SRP,and talking to Jack at RCC sport bike I had to go with Richard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have a kit on order right now? I am not in the shop today, but to the best of my memory I do not think there are any orders for a kit shipping to Michigan, I will check in the morning to be certain,

Richard

Do you have a kit on order right now? I am not in the shop today, but to the best of my memory I do not think there are any orders for a kit shipping to Michigan, I will check in the morning to be certain,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I believe he said always has a kit in the shop, but i'm not sure if he is using that one or ordering one directly from you. I don't want to misquote him though. I handed the bike over Jan 26th (coincidentally my birthday :D) and he said he would have it done by end of Feb or beginning of March. Either way I am very excited to get it done, even though it will be a looong time before I get to test her out. We just got a ton more snow.

Hi Richard,

I believe he said always has a kit in the shop, but i'm not sure if he is using that one or ordering one directly from you. I don't want to misquote him though. I handed the bike over Jan 26th (coincidentally my birthday :D) and he said he would have it done by end of Feb or beginning of March. Either way I am very excited to get it done, even though it will be a looong time before I get to test her out. We just got a ton more snow.

Who are you refering to? Who told you they always have a kit in the shop, I hope is was not Jack,

Richard

Hi Richard,

gsx1300rr: Is Jack telling you that he is installing an RCC Turbo kit from Richard on your bike?

Who are you refering to? Who told you they always have a kit in the shop, I hope is was not Jack,

Richard
gsx1300rr: Is Jack telling you that he is installing an RCC Turbo kit from Richard on your bike?

just woundering what could be expected if jack said it?(though am not anywhere near michigan)

I let him know that Richard hasn't manufactured any kits for MI recently, I was worried because Richard let me know that he doesn't send kits to Jack, let alone there haven't been any Michigan orders recently, that combined with the fact the kits are "made to order" made me concerned. Jack told me today he has a kit from Canadian dealer "new, not used.":dunno:

I let him know that Richard hasn't manufactured any kits for MI recently, I was worried because Richard let me know that he doesn't send kits to Jack, let alone there haven't been any Michigan orders recently, that combined with the fact the kits are "made to order" made me concerned. Jack told me today he has a kit from Canadian dealer "new, not used."

I smell a RAT . . . .:whistle:

I let him know that Richard hasn't manufactured any kits for MI recently, I was worried because Richard let me know that he doesn't send kits to Jack, let alone there haven't been any Michigan orders recently, that combined with the fact the kits are "made to order" made me concerned. Jack told me today he has a kit from Canadian dealer "new, not used.":dunno:

Hate to say it, but he is full of *&%$, we only have a couple Canadian dealers, and none have overed for a long time, and the ones that have ordered have been installed on bikes, as I have tuned them.

Jack is an interesting fellow, covering up lies with more lies, just one of the reasons he will never be a dealer for our products.

He obviously is not all that bright, I just spoke with him less then a month ago about trying to pass off an SRP kit as one of ours, he really is in his own little world.

Be very careful of this guy.

Richard

When I order my kit this winter coming up it will be from richard bottom line, it was between him and mr. turbo

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I just found out from a third party he plans on installing a RCC Turbo w/65 miles that was used on his show bike. What gets me is that he just sent me a text earlier saying the turbo is from a Canadian dealer and is "Brand New" and he doesn't trust used. I really do not have a problem with the fact that he is using it, but firstly- why lie about it. I don't think he should be charging me "new" prices either. Any ideas on what I should ask for compensation??

full refund and get outta there

I'm a little to deep into it to ask for a full refund. I traded him my 02 busa to pay for the full engine/trans build & labor portion, which he then outsourced to a 3rd party (Rick) near Livonia to do the engine/trans build, Jack then gave him the 02 busa I had originally traded him for compensation for the build (I think, dont quote me on the exact details). (Nice guy btw.) I paid cash for the rest, so I can see how it would muddy up the water if I just said hey give my money back and let me start over. But I do not want to let him get away with lying about a "Brand New" kit and charging me full price for it. I want to add Richard has been super attentive and helpful both on & behind the scenes. Thanks again.

I just found out from a third party he plans on installing a RCC Turbo w/65 miles that was used on his show bike. What gets me is that he just sent me a text earlier saying the turbo is from a Canadian dealer and is "Brand New" and he doesn't trust used. I really do not have a problem with the fact that he is using it, but firstly- why lie about it. I don't think he should be charging me "new" prices either. Any ideas on what I should ask for compensation??

I have caugth this guy Jack in lie after lie to customers. That turbo kit that is on his bike was sold to Full Throttle Motorsports a couple of years ago, and may have even been on a couple of bikes now, it may or may not only have 65 miles on it, but the warranty will have expired. Plus if you were hoping for a Gen 2 kit with a 1:1 fuel reg. and a 3 bar map sensor for ECU editor tuning, this kit has neither of those. It will have an FMU with a PC III.
Not sure how this guy stays in business.

Used kit out of warranty, $3000-3400, but if he sticks you with this kit instead of providing you a new one, I will look after you warranty wise.

Richard

I'm a little to deep into it to ask for a full refund. I traded him my 02 busa to pay for the full engine/trans build & labor portion, which he then outsourced to a 3rd party (Rick) near Livonia to do the engine/trans build, Jack then gave him the 02 busa I had originally traded him for compensation for the build (I think, dont quote me on the exact details). (Nice guy btw.) I paid cash for the rest, so I can see how it would muddy up the water if I just said hey give my money back and let me start over. But I do not want to let him get away with lying about a "Brand New" kit and charging me full price for it. I want to add Richard has been super attentive and helpful both on & behind the scenes. Thanks again.

I have caugth this guy Jack in lie after lie to customers. That turbo kit that is on his bike was sold to Full Throttle Motorsports a couple of years ago, and may have even been on a couple of bikes now, it may or may not only have 65 miles on it, but the warranty will have expired. Plus if you were hoping for a Gen 2 kit with a 1:1 fuel reg. and a 3 bar map sensor for ECU editor tuning, this kit has neither of those. It will have an FMU with a PC III.

Used kit out of warranty, $3000-3400, but if he sticks you with this kit instead of providing you a new one, I will look after you warranty wise.

Richard

Do the math - he overcharged you about $1500 on the kit, and about $3000 by taking your 02 Busa for less than $3,000 worth of work. On top of that, you don't know exactly what kit you are getting, how many miles are on it, and you don't know what components he had Rick put in your motor. Not only did he rip you off, you can't trust one thing he has said, or may say.

That Richard is willing to warranty a kit that has been out of warranty for several years says a lot about RCC turbos, and why they are the best.

Leaving with your turbo bike and $5,000 cash would be one way to go.

Richard

Richard, I appreciate all you have done. I have never seen a business man offer to look after someone warranty wise with these shenanigans going on. That is very selfless. I will keep you posted as this unravels!

Go elsewhere man. Thats why I try to do my own work. U can't trust anyone anymore

Back