Velocity Racing Stage 1

2003BigBoy

Registered
I am looking to purchase a turbo system for the Busa in the future. I'm looking for about 270hp at the rear wheel on pump gas with water injection, and I plan to do mostly street riding. I like the velocity stage 1 kit and was wondering if I can acheive my goal with this kit, if not what other kits would you recommend. Thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

If your looking for that HP on strictly pump gas invest more money and get a Stage 2 street system...@ 8pds of boost which is the recommended max for the Stage 1 system you would need to run a mix or 4/1 pump/race fuel w/water injection...I have the Stage 1 and seldom switch off 6pds of boost it's a blast...

Also depends on what your intentions are to have the bike do street, race or combo...
evil.gif

the ghetto kit from the motorhead can get you to 280 rwhp on pump gas.

Stunnah, do you know how much HP you're making? I could live with a little less. I mainly will ride on the street with the ocassional high speed and 1/4 mile runs. I would really like to keep it very reliable though.

Keep it around 260hp which is more then enough for every day riding. All the kits will get you there. If you are going to go beyond that on an kit, look at the ext stage kits, whic does not mean you have to turn it all the way up, but you can once and a while if you please .

Stunnah, do you know how much HP you're making?   I could live with a little less.  I mainly will ride on the street with the ocassional high speed and 1/4 mile runs.  I would really like to keep it very reliable though.
250hp @ 6pds and 285hp @ 8pds...6pds on pump gas w/water injection...8pds race fuel mix...
evil.gif

Keep it around 260hp which is more then enough for every day riding.  All the kits will get you there.  If you are going to go beyond that on an kit, look at the ext stage kits, whic does not mean you have to turn it all the way up, but you can once and a while if you please .
NE makes a very good point...If you have any thought that you might want more HP go with the next level kit...It costs a little more on the front but will save you major dollars on a potential upgrade...And as he stated you can always keep the boost low...
evil.gif

but what turbo kit would you use? Like a Velocity Racing Stage 1?
Look for the best buy out of Hahan, Velocity, NLR Getto, and the rest. they will all get you to 200hp easy. Look for someone who is upgrading if money needs to be watched. If you are really looking for just around 200hp consider race head, pipes, or maybe a 1360 cc

but what turbo kit would you use? Like a Velocity Racing Stage 1?
Look for the best buy out of Hahan, Velocity, NLR Getto, and the rest.  they will all get you to 200hp easy.  Look for someone who is upgrading if money needs to be watched.  If you are really looking for just around 200hp consider race head, pipes, or maybe a 1360 cc
Velocity's kit is the Stage 1 street system...Their Stage 1 race system is much more than what you want...Don't know much about the bore kits and the down side to a bore kit is that your pretty much stuck with whatever you upgrade to...With a turbo you can tone it down to just a little above 200hp and swap springs when you want more...  
evil.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106875670 -->

Thanks for all the info. I'm not saying I want EXACTLY 200hp or so... what I meant was that I didn't need one of those 600+ hp monsters
tounge.gif

My dream is to have a turbo busa or a NOS busa. I got the busa... now I'm missing the turbo or the NOS
cool.gif
. Money is not THAT big an issue because I'm not planning on getting either too soon. I want to ride my busa a little longer before I transform it into an even meaner monster ;) . There's still plenty of power I can play with from the stock engine and I think it's a smart idea to get used to it some more before upping it. I already ride pretty hard as it is, and I have some nice long roads around where I live (that I take advantage of with 180+mph runs GPS recorded). Anyways, the most important thing for me out of a turbo is that it works perfectly. I want it to be as reliable as it possibly can, and common sense tells me that the tamer the turbo the less chance there is of something breaking.

There's tons of info out there so do some research to include both routes...You live in FL so you have access to some of the best tuners in the business take advantage of that...
evil.gif

Many turbo owners start out with the entry level kits and upgrades are usually right around the corner...Good Luck!

Back