Question: Who did the gen 2 swap on Clocks on a gen 1

Swiftfalcon

Registered
Hi all

I was wondering who else did the same swap and what problems and maybe alternative ways of doing such swap, is there anything to be aware off before doing such Mod.

As some of you know I'm busy doing a project on the Gen 1 busa conversion to gen 2. but love the gen 2 clocks and want to do it but don't know what to expect on all small details that some of you already know.

Can anyone assist regarding this matter
i attach few pics of before i started and busy with. Just for the fun of it.

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-21 at 10.32.21(2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-02 at 20.12.55(1).jpeg

20190607_165554.jpg

Hi all

I was wondering who else did the same swap and what problems and maybe alternative ways of doing such swap, is there anything to be aware off before doing such Mod.

As some of you know I'm busy doing a project on the Gen 1 busa conversion to gen 2. but love the gen 2 clocks and want to do it but don't know what to expect on all small details that some of you already know.

Can anyone assist regarding this matter
i attach few pics of before i started and busy with. Just for the fun of it.

View attachment 1600027

View attachment 1600028

View attachment 1600029
Is that paint or a wrap on the swing arm & wheels? Neat look.

Wow! quite the project you have going on there . . .
Is that a Gen 2 being converted to a Gen 1 look alike?
I take my hat off to you mate, that's quite an involved job to do . .as you well know.
I'm sorry but can't help you re keeping the Gen 21 clocks on it, but aren't you using the Gen 2 harness? I mean, that engine is Gen 2 or Gen 1?
Looks like Gen 1 throttle bodies but Gen 2 radiator . . . beats me, a real mix up, but will end up very unique and awesome too!
:thumbsup:

Wow! quite the project you have going on there . . .
Is that a Gen 2 being converted to a Gen 1 look alike?
I take my hat off to you mate, that's quite an involved job to do . .as you well know.
I'm sorry but can't help you re keeping the Gen 21 clocks on it, but aren't you using the Gen 2 harness? I mean, that engine is Gen 2 or Gen 1?
Looks like Gen 1 throttle bodies but Gen 2 radiator . . . beats me, a real mix up, but will end up very unique and awesome too!
:thumbsup:
Hi buddy, its a gen 1 thats been converted to Gen 2 , yes it is gen 1 throttle bodies but thats not a big issue on that one. that is sorted for now LOL. Yes this is a project that i need to finish, not easy but getting there step by step.
my whole plan on this one is toe make it more gen2 look alike but gen 1 motor still. thats why all the other parts is converted to gen 2.

thanks for compliment

i just had a full swap done on my gen1. but having thermostat problems and the f1 light comes on. which is the reason im on here trying to figure out how to fix these problems, oh and the harness from gen1 dont work and if you put gen2 tank on like i did the fuel pump dont work either. the fairings all had to be custom mounted and the reservoirs hit the front fairings

freddy2.jpg

freddy.jpg

i just had a full swap done on my gen1. but having thermostat problems and the f1 light comes on. which is the reason im on here trying to figure out how to fix these problems, oh and the harness from gen1 dont work and if you put gen2 tank on like i did the fuel pump dont work either. the fairings all had to be custom mounted and the reservoirs hit the front fairings

View attachment 1624725

View attachment 1624726
Whoever did your swap didn't do their research. You're supposed to swap the radiator w/reservoir as the reservoir locations are different and oil pan along with the fairings. This is why you had to custom fit the fairings. Also the Gen 2 frame has holes on each side to fit, secure the fairings into the rubber grommets. Gen 2 fairings already have issues with blowing off as is so custom fitting would not be the route I'd ever advise or do. The other issues you're having is that you also needed to do a complete swap including the harness in order to properly use the gen 2 guages, pump etc. I've done this swap before but kept the Gen 1 gauges. My advice...make the necessary changes and do it right. It will save you money and headache in the long run.

did you replace the gen1 main harness by the gen 2 too
and did you do same to ecu and so on?
or
how did you get the gen 2 speedo (and its gauges) run with gen1 signals?
as far as i know and understand the scheme, this couldn´t work.

to your temperature gauge - at gen 1 you have two feelers - one in the rear of the head (for gauge) and one in the radiator (for fan)
at gen 2 they put those 2 togehter into one feeler in the rear of head and the ecu (over relais) steers the gauge and the fan(s).

so far ...

@Swiftfalcon

same question(s) like i had here

i just had a full swap done on my gen1. but having thermostat problems and the f1 light comes on. which is the...

did you replace the gen1 main harness by the gen 2 too
and did you do same to ecu and so on?
or
how did you get the gen 2 speedo (and its gauges) run with gen1 signals?
as far as i know and understand the scheme, this couldn´t work.

to your temperature gauge - at gen 1 you have two feelers - one in the rear of the head (for gauge) and one in the radiator (for fan)
at gen 2 they put those 2 togehter into one feeler in the rear of head and the ecu (over relais) steers the gauge and the fan(s).

so far ...

i did the swap with my 03 busa the gen 2 gauge works on the gen 1 wiring harness only the temperature gauge goes up and down when the engine is running, can someone help me with the correct pin to fix this?

Back