Question about shinko tires

Yes, the 003 tends to be a little flatter...also the tread in it would not be good at shedding water.

I've been running the 009 Ravens for the last 3 years and love 'em. I'm thinking of trying the 005s just to see how they perform...and last.

I'll get 7,000+ miles out of a rear 009... When I was running Metzelar M1s, I got 2,500 miles out of a rear. Plus, for a SET (front/rear) 009, you can get them for well less than $200...shipped TYD.

They say the 003's is a good drag tire because it has a flatter center. Heard the 009's have a steeper sidewall to them and can catch you off guard when going into a turn. I am running the 005's and love them.

Yes, the 003 tends to be a little flatter...also the tread in it would not be good at shedding water.

I've been running the 009 Ravens for the last 3 years and love 'em. I'm thinking of trying the 005s just to see how they perform...and last.

I'll get 7,000+ miles out of a rear 009... When I was running Metzelar M1s, I got 2,500 miles out of a rear. Plus, for a SET (front/rear) 009, you can get them for well less than $200...shipped TYD.

7k out of an 009? you must be driving like a grandma. im lucky if i get 2500 out of them

iv tried the 005 but they are just too soft for me, they are fun to drive. drift a little in the turns then it bites down on the road really hard.

7k out of an 009? you must be driving like a grandma. im lucky if i get 2500 out of them

iv tried the 005 but they are just too soft for me, they are fun to drive. drift a little in the turns then it bites down on the road really hard.

I live in KS. The only twisties around here are highway cloverleafs LOL

I am running the 009's. They seem to like leaning in the curves better than the 005's. I started out with 005's and they were pretty good tires. I can't wait to get to the Dragon next year and see how the 009's really handle the twisties.

I am running the 009's. They seem to like leaning in the curves better than the 005's. I started out with 005's and they were pretty good tires. I can't wait to get to the Dragon next year and see how the 009's really handle the twisties.

They handle it just fine brother. My 009's have made several dragon runs already and I've got to say, once they're warmed up, the only difference I feel from my old pilot powers is they're a little lazy on initial turn-in, but once over they dont scare me a bit.....and oh the milage! From looking at em you couldnt tell I've even riden on them!:thumbsup: I bought these things because I was doing alot of interstate riding every weekend while me and the wifey had split up and wasnt worried about corners....just lots of hwy miles, but they've really surprised me at the gap. Hell, I scrubbed em in on foothills parkway while completely dusting my brother on his 06 cbr600rr. He thought busa's couldnt turn and thought it'd be even worse on shinkos.....he lost sight of me after the first 3 corners.:rofl:

Omar talked me into trying a set, and I'm now on my second set and getting the same milage as omar, and I did a track day on the 009 also. Last set was $170 to my door.:thumbsup:

Omar talked me into trying a set, and I'm now on my second set and getting the same milage as omar, and I did a track day on the 009 also. Last set was $170 to my door.:thumbsup:

thats what I paid as well. cheapest I found was chapparell motorsports but a local cycle shop told me he'd match the price and I would only have to wait one day.:thumbsup:

I ran two 005's and got 1,600 miles each. Stepped up to the 009 and looks like it will last 2,400 miles.

Crap, I'm about ready to install a car tire..............

I ran two 005's and got 1,600 miles each. Stepped up to the 009 and looks like it will last 2,400 miles.

Crap, I'm about ready to install a car tire..............

ditto

i wish they made a motorcycle tire out of the same rubber as the bridgestone dueler at truck tires.

what do you guys think about a 200/50/17 009 is it too wide? there really arent too many twisties here in rhode island its all city/stop n go traffic..

I have about 5500 miles on my 009's and will get close to 1500 more before changing. I've rode the dragon 4 different times this year on them making close to 5 runs each time I was there. Never any problems, I like them as well as the conti road attacks I had on before.

Back