Ordered a Shinko Stealth $103 shipped, Raven $96 Shipped!

Lucid

Registered
Good price but I have a Shinko on mine now and never really liked it. It seemed to be out of round a little. I'm going back to the bridgestones. The Shinko I have is really flat across the center. I may have just gotten a bad one. Good luck with yours and let us know how you like it.

I got this mainly to tear up at the drag strip. I can get a 2CT locally for about $140, which I'm getting next and compare. I'm curious as to how much cornering is lost with the Shinko compared a rounder tire. (the stealth has that fat-flat profile.)

Got my tire in thursday. 3day ship.

So I bought the bike about 6wks ago, and when I take the rim to the shop to get the shinko on, the guy said "Damn man, that's a PP from 2003! lol

So compared to that tire, the Shinko is much better in the corners. Can't wait to get a modern Pilot Power 2ct on there in the front and rear and see how well she handles.

I've heard both good, and bad from Shinko's. Some people swear by them, others blamed them for going down ?? Never used them myself though. Let us know what you think.

GSXcite and I both ran Shinko 009 Ravens out at Heartland Park today. No issues for me

I will run the stockers on the new bike but when I replace them I will prolly go back to the diablo corsa IIIs.

Don

Dealer put a new set of shinko stealth tires on my new to me 08 when I picked it up a few weeks ago.
I have a shake in the bars,maybe I have a tire that is out of round.Other than that they seem to have good grip.

Im thinkin now I may have a junk front tire:banghead:

on my secone set of ravens, put a set on friday, 167.oo shipped. Got 7000 miles out of thre first set, I like them as well as the powers. Rode the dragone on sun, they felt great.

In my opinion if you want all around performance, Dunlop's Q2 is at the top of the list. Almost all the fast street guys at the track are on Q2's if they aren't on Race tires. I see Q2's spanking the race tire guys on many occasions.

Like my son says: Until someone shows me something better, the Q2 is my tire!

Shinko's, maybe a touring tire but I wouldn't trust them under severe use.

Ravens are not high speed rated. The fronts will come apart if you run them on a busa. Very dangerous tire.....we've seen it several times here at the shop. Other than that shinko's are decent for the money if you're not looking for a performance tire.

I don't think I would trust them if I were taking the bike to a road course and racing, but for 1/4 mile at a time and some random street riding, it's worth the money so far. Roadracing I would probably only be comfortable with Pilots or the Q2s.

well guys, I've run the shinko stealth and advance for rears and have no complaints with them other than the stealth wore pretty quickly (its a VERY SOFT tire I'm considering a new raven for the front... yeah yeah yeah not speet rated i dunno bout you guys but i don't get above 168mph on the highways very often which is what the ravens are rated for. anyon else have any issues w/ the ravens?

I just ordered from that seller and mine pretty quick.. I ran the shinko 009 last year put about 7000 miles on it and still looked pretty good. no flat spots..

I have been running Shinko's for years.

The tires have great grip and have been very dependable..

On the down side..... I did have a problem with front-end shake.

Chased the problem for over a month.

Turned out to be an out of round front tire and yes it was a Shinko..

I have heard about that on a rear Shinko as well. Manufacturer took it back and replaced it, not problem. My bike rides fine, but up on the dyno there is a little rear wheel wobble. Not sure if it is the tire or the chain (I'm waaay stretched) making it wobble, but it's almost time to replace the tire anyway so I'm not too worried. I don't feel it on the street at all, or down the track, and Cycle Gear mounted/balanced it without problems, so it's probably just from chain slack, but be sure to check your shinkos when being mounted because it may be out of round.

either way, it's still worth it. Great tire for cheap.

couple of buddy's run the ravens and like em, I have always been partial to the 003 and have been with shinko's since 02-03 area. wish shinko would come out with a 300 HINT HINT. had to switch to avon.

Back