Question about Levers?

Also have the Pazzo longs,was advised against getting the shorts for street riding in case of ever having to make a quick grab for the brake and possibly missing/not getting enough grip on the short in time/having a 4 finger pull instead of 2,etc.(also have APE heavy clutch springs and wouldn't want to get caught in stop and go traffic for long with only 2 fingers to pull:thumbsup:).

Well thanks gents, it seems longs will be the way to go. Now its a decision between pazzo, crg, or asv?

That's a shame; anyway shorties are sexy. I've owned and used exclusively the shorts. Granted I'm not normally in stop and go traffic for hours each day. The amount of force to operate the shorts doesn't seem to be different from the longs in my opinion, but anyway, there you have it.

If you like the looks of the shorts get them. You can't really tell the difference when using and they won't bite the bullet in a off.

Why is that? Support that statement!

5-Year warranty.
Fold forward in the event of a tipover, instead of breaking off part of or the entire lever like some.
Almost infinitely adjustable up to a 3" range of lever positions.
Great feel and high quality materials.

Ride with a set and you will be sold.

:beerchug:

Ive heard that Pazzo isnt making levers for GenII bikes anymore only the GenI. They had fitment issues when they first came out with the GenII levers and pulled them from production.

Yea thats a rumor apparently, but its false. Im just gonna go with whatever greg at hyperbike performance recomends. One of these levers has to fit perfectly. They spend to much time developing them for them not to fit.

That's a shame; anyway shorties are sexy. I've owned and used exclusively the shorts. Granted I'm not normally in stop and go traffic for hours each day. The amount of force to operate the shorts doesn't seem to be different from the longs in my opinion, but anyway, there you have it.

If you like the looks of the shorts get them. You can't really tell the difference when using and they won't bite the bullet in a off.

I have both sets... I can tell you that 20 minutes in traffic (through town) makes a difference on mine.. The extra bit of lever available on the clutch side makes a ton of difference about the 100th pull.. brake side not so much an issue as I have HH Extreme pads and it is 2 finger stopping power.. The ASV levers were nice but seems they were $$ over the Pazzo.. look to be built very well.. loved the packaging.. individual cases for each lever..

my clutch hand gets tired in town.. I run a long lever there, when I go to the track, shorty goes on.. The brake side is not really an issue as I have HH Extreme Pro Pads and they are like adding power brakes to the busa.. Shorty lever there is fine.. I do like the look of the shorty better but if you think you will get tired of yanking on the clutch lever (like is it an issue now in town?) then go long on the clutch.. you might try just using 2 or 3 fingers on your clutch for a few days and see how it feels before choosing..

ASV! ASV! ASV! ASV! ASV! ASV! ASV! ASV!

They cost more and feel like they are built better than Pazzo and CRG. Pazzo and CRG are both very good levers, but ASV is a step above both from what I have dealt with. I have ridden with all three brands on different bikes. I bought ASV levers for mine as a result.

Did I say ASV?

:laugh:

If you want looks Pazzo or FP Tactical look like the way to go, lots of colors. If you want true adjustability ASV hands down.

The ASV's are more percise in their adjustment. they use a set screw for the adjuster.
Over 3" of Reach Adjust Range in 100 Increments

asvadj10.jpg

CRG, Pazzo, and FP Tactical have 6 preset positions. On both the CRG's and Pazzo's My perfect position was in between 2 of the presets.

pazzoc10.jpg

Last edited:
Ive heard that Pazzo isnt making levers for GenII bikes anymore only the GenI. They had fitment issues when they first came out with the GenII levers and pulled them from production.

:dunno: I'm using the set I pulled off my Gen I on my Gen II :whistle:

I have both sets... I can tell you that 20 minutes in traffic (through town) makes a difference on mine.. The extra bit of lever available on the clutch side makes a ton of difference about the 100th pull.. brake side not so much an issue as I have HH Extreme pads and it is 2 finger stopping power.. The ASV levers were nice but seems they were $$ over the Pazzo.. look to be built very well.. loved the packaging.. individual cases for each lever..

I can't tell the difference brother, but then again I'm a young man. :whistle:

Here's my thing brother. Why would you buy and install aftermarket long levers on a bike. If you're going long I suggest saving yourself the money and just ride with the factory levers.

I really like my shorties, been running them for three years. :thumbsup:

From what I read at Pashnit.com they said according to pazzo they stopped production cuz of fitment issues and recommended that you could use the GenI levers. They will fit as long as you didnt lowerer the frontend. I red that some GenII owners put the GenI levers on their 08 and had issues with contact with the upper fairins at full turn.

1299- The E-bay carbon fiber ones are awful. I actually shouldn't say awful, they work just like OEM, except the carbon fiber peels right off (might as well leave the OEM levers on), I have the E-bay levers on my CBR F4i 600.

DADOFTHREE- Good point. My only thing is I was in some serious NYC traffic a few days ago and my wrists started to hurt from constantly pulling on the clutch and the brake. I figured aftermarket levers were probably designed better and to be more comfortable. I figured go long because I usually grab with my entire hand not just 2 fingers. But I dont know?

BiggDaddyBusa- Apparently Pazzo is still making levers for the Gen 2. But I have heard about the fitment issues. I will probably just be guided by whatever Greg at Hyperbike says. So far the ASV's seem to be the way to go, I havent heard anything negative so far on this thread about them, but once again who knows? I would of like to go with Pazzo, but oh well.

Back