Qpinions wanted

rider

Registered
I have quietly viewed this bord since last April. with the use of the search function there was not a need to ask many questions. you guys have been a great sorce of knowledge on the busa and I would like your opinion as to what i should do. I have a 2001 and the starter cluch idler gear fragmented (I found to be common problem 99-02) when the idler gear came apart it out the idler cover the starter cover and fot the kiss of death it took out the side of the engine case. Now that the hyperventaliting and cussing are finished what is smartest option for me to persue: rebuild the motor i have with a set of used cases, purchase a used motor (salvage, ebay)or other option I have not thougtht of ? Thanks for any help

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment3.jpg

If you have the time and money rebuild and make the upgrades so that that will never happen again.

Ruber2 burn when you said upgrades are you refering to a heavy duty starter cluch and the titaniumm ring that strenghtens the case. Anything else?

Give either of these two a call Johnny Cheese 512-767-4273, or Greg(GPW) Hyperbike Performance Center 301-473-9191 and get their opion on what to do man I am not sure what all is entailed in the upgrade but they will steer you in the right direction and get you taken care of.

Buy a newer used complete engine. That'll only run you $1500 to 2500 vs rebuilding it for a bit more and buying new cases.

Talk to GixerHp about rebuilding stuff, he does alot of that...and yeah Daniel rocks:thumbsup::welcome:

Back